NCAA Tourney Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Tourney Tickets

Anybody know how many tickets WSU gets for the first weekend?

Typically around 500-600 but they sometimes latch onto allotments from other schools.

Comment

Tickets will likely be hard to come by, especially if KU and WSU are in St. Lou together. They still had some available for the St. Louis regional as of last week when I bought mine, but purchasing comes with some risk as we could be somewhere else, but it is the safest play here if you want to make sure you get in the building.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Heiny View Post
        Tickets will likely be hard to come by, especially if KU and WSU are in St. Lou together. They still had some available for the St. Louis regional as of last week when I bought mine, but purchasing comes with some risk as we could be somewhere else, but it is the safest play here if you want to make sure you get in the building.
        Yep.

Zero risk that the games sell out in advance if we wind up in San Antonio for some reason. St. Louis, OTOH, looks pretty likely to be full if a person waits until the last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Heiny View Post
          Risk, at least financial, is not really a risk. Last year I sold four tickets on stubhub for $210 gain per seat, so I essentially paid for my trip to Kansas City. I could have sold the other four and paid for a trip to St. Lake.

My tickets came yesterday along with an enclosure on how to sell tickets on ncaaexchange.com. That struck me as odd, that they'd be supporting re-sale.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
            Risk, at least financial, is not really a risk. Last year I sold four tickets on stubhub for $210 gain per seat, so I essentially paid for my trip to Kansas City. I could have sold the other four and paid for a trip to St. Lake.

My tickets came yesterday along with an enclosure on how to sell tickets on ncaaexchange.com. That struck me as odd, that they'd be supporting re-sale.
            Who did you buy them through to begin with?

Comment

I had no problem getting tickets to Atlanta through WSU last year even with my low priority standing among season ticket holders. Should I worry about being able to get tickets for St Louis through the same method? I want to be there and know a higher level donor who won't be going so I assumed I would be safe. I don't think 5-6 hundred tickets is going to cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                I had no problem getting tickets to Atlanta through WSU last year even with my low priority standing among season ticket holders. Should I worry about being able to get tickets for St Louis through the same method? I want to be there and know a higher level donor who won't be going so I assumed I would be safe. I don't think 5-6 hundred tickets is going to cut it.
                Probably the difference between a 18,000 seat arena and a 75,000 seat dome.

Comment

I booked my hotel rooms for St. Louis a month ago, that should be a larger concern than tickets to the game.

Comment

It's not so much that they are supporting re-sale but that if you are going to sell them, they'd like you to do it through their site so that they can get a cut of it.
                    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                      I booked my hotel rooms for St. Louis a month ago, that should be a larger concern than tickets to the game.
                      Booked mine a little over a week ago. Free cancellation, definitely want to get on that while you still can.

Comment

Where'd u guys book and at what rate? TIA!

Comment

Thinking about buying tickets just to sell.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                            Who did you buy them through to begin with?
                            Months ago I received an email saying the MVC was hosting and I purchased tickets. I think it came from WSU, but don't remember for certain.
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Months ago I received an email saying the MVC was hosting and I purchased tickets. I think it came from WSU, but don't remember for certain.
                              The face value of all tickets are set by the NCAA. Each participating school is then allotted roughly 500 tickets to distribute or sell to their fans. After that, the host is free to sell tickets in any manner. Creighton, being the host in Omaha, offers them to season ticket holders, it works really well. The MVC, hosting in St Louis, is free to market them any way they wish, they probably offered them to member schools first. Some regions market better than others, so tickets in some markets are much more difficult than others. In the end, the NCAA doesn't care how tickets are sold as long as they get sold.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                              X