No announcement yet.

**WSU @ Indiana State Game Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would have liked to see more NW in the second half. He's a guy that InSU could not have backed off of and would have had to respected at all points.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Aummmmmmm, aummmmm deep breath, and exhale. Relaxed now? Me too.

Way to gut it out Shox, little rest, early flight, crappy airline food. Way to go all Lizzie Borden on the Trees, it was a battle but in the end you bludgeoned them ..... figuratively

Comment

• What a game....

Just got back & dead tired, but a few random thoughts...

Tekele has, what they call on the playground, onions!

His two FT's after air balling the 1st was nerves of steel. He was looking right into the teeth of the ISU student who were rabid all night. He just calmly nailed the next two to silence the sharks.
        He then made a key put back off the missed shot and then sunk the baseline runner - all during crunch time. I am not looking forward to the time when he has exhausted his eligibility.

I was impressed with Kadeem Coleby.
        Yes, Lufile woke up in the second half and rebounded like an animal, but Coleby's defense and interior presence was key.
        Lansing sent Kitchell in with the sole intent of getting physical in the paint (he had to, cause Gant wanted nothing to do with Coleby).

Kitchell tried to push/shove KC around and got no where. He then resorted to trying a couple of elbows which were promptly returned with authority. As a result, ISU got absolutely nothing in the paint all night long.

I've been going to this game for 30 years. I have never seen anything close to the attendance they had tonight.
        They were loud, engaged and frothing at the mouth, ultra-ready to storm the court.

They went home major league disappointed.

That is all.
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
          Aummmmmmm, aummmmm deep breath, and exhale. Relaxed now? Me too.

Way to gut it out Shox, little rest, early flight, crappy airline food. Way to go all Lizzie Borden on the Trees, it was a battle but in the end you bludgeoned them ..... figuratively
          You're doing it wrong, it's "Ohmmm, Ohmmm, deep breath, exhale, happy place, exhale" Of course Swammy WU may have improved his mix since I studied in the early 90's.
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Great TEAM D and great TEAM win. Everyone who played contributed. I was
            one of many who were bad mouthing CE and CL in the first half but they sure
            responded in the second. ISU posters blame poor shooting on the loss and
            that is just what great TEAM defense does to you

Comment

• A few thoughts on the game since I watched it only, and didn't message board it during the game...sorry if already posted:
              *the last 3-4 Shocker possessions were awful, except to make sure 35 seconds ran off the clock
              * I thought Nick was GREAT in the first half...would have enjoyed him in the second
              * I thought Evan played good confident defense in his second half stint
              * Chadrack was a beast at the end
              * I for one don't mind Holthus and Adams....I listened to Schiambi and Dykes the night before and THEY are terrible(at least Schiambi)
              * Maybe the best thing?Not once did I think the Shockers looked panicked...

VERY good win...quality opponent that came to play....I also like Lansing stopping Chadrack and looking like he was saying something like"you were clutch"

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
                Oh, that's too bad. You are going to miss those couple of pages where the Indiana State Sparkettes nude pics, from that scandal they recently had, were posted.
                I am not falling for that old message board trick....oh crap, I can't risk it. Here goes and there better be plenty because I will hunt you down my friend.

Comment

• Uh-oh. You don't want someone with that avatar coming after you, bunck.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                    This game was Indiana State's one chance at the NCAA tournament. Their sole prayer. Their entire season. For someone like Odum, this was his career.

The coaches knew it. The players knew it. The fans knew it. They had to give us everything they had if they were going to give anything at all.

And we still went into their place and won with less than our best effort. Not too shabby.
                    Well, not really their only chance, rjl. They still have St. Louis, which is not exactly WSU's favorite venue, where they've won more recently than the Shocks have.

Still a good bottom line, though -- great win, at their place, under tough circumstances.

Comment

• Made a lot of mistakes and still won. Some of that is luck, some is grit.

Comment

• I hope our guards get whatever they had in their system out of their system quickly. Fred missed Cle open on the baseline with a mismatch several times, including one where he tried to drive the ball and was double-teamed into a turnover. Ron got into foul trouble and had a sub-par game.

If our guards play like this in the tourney anytime after the round of 32, we'll be in danger of being sent home.

That being said, I'd rather see them get their lousy games behind them during the regular season, so they don't stink up in the tourney as the Gayhawks are prone to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          Made a lot of mistakes and still won. Some of that is luck, some is grit.
                          I agree with that...and yet with the 'mistakes', never got the feeling that it was from a terrible focus...just plays gone wrong....

Comment

• some random thoughts on the game:

1. Give ISU credit for their defense on Ron. They clearly had a plan to take Ron and Fred out of the game and it worked for the most part. They guarded Ron well outside the 3 point line, he could not get looks. They triple teamed Fred when he drove the lane.

2. Cle is much better when he's not chasing opposing guards around the perimeter (Arop). We need him posting and defending under the goal. He's a great rebounder, shot blocker and nobody can defend him inside 5 feet. The game went our way when we ended that experiment and put Ron on Arop.

3. Fred needs to get a better gameplan for the shot clock play. You should start the play with 10 seconds remaining, not 6. He's good at getting into the lane but needs to have a better plan. We weren't prepared for their collapsing strategy.

4. I wish CJ would dunk the ball on occasion. He got the ball underneath with nobody within 5 feet and shoots a layup. Go up strong young man. You're the biggest guy on the court, you shouldn't be getting stuffed by midgets.

5. Good game by Tekele. ISU wanted him to be the shooter tonight and he played smart. He made enough shots to keep them honest but didn't jack it up every time he was open. He's such a heady player.

6. I thought Wiggins had a nice game. He adds a new dimension and his defense has improved a hundred fold since last year. He's a good rebounder and his long arms are so effective on the defensive side. Looks like he's finding his stroke and is gettiing more confident taking it to the hole. We need him to keep it up.

That was a nerve racking game, glad we came out with W.

Comment

• Made the mistake of tuning into SD today. The WSU hater is in full force. He won't give credit to the Valley and therefore none to WSU. His bball IQ is low. Said that kstate would be the best opponent WSU has played since St. Louis. Give me a break. Kstate has a nice team, no disrespect to them.

How is talking trash on the valley any different than the overrated chant? All it does is diminish the accomplishments of your team. But then WSU isn't his team. He doesn't have a team. He's a "journalist".

I do agree with him that Early needs to remember to box out on every possession.
                              Last edited by pie n eye; February 6, 2014, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
                                Oh, that's too bad. You are going to miss those couple of pages where the Indiana State Sparkettes nude pics, from that scandal they recently had, were posted.
                                Originally posted by shock View Post
                                I just went through all of that for nothing...
                                Me too... I couldn't locate the "Sparkettes"? I guess this will have to suffice.

Seriously, last night’s game had me thinking about checking into the 'nut house', however it's amazing how much better you feel after a few Corona’s. “My-ee ey-ee by-ee ahee ah woo! Ma ma ma my Corona!”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X