I think it's just me that has this pet peeve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's just me that has this pet peeve

I don't why but I get kind of annoyed when I read through these boards and see when people talk about our players, they use their last names. Maybe it's just me but I think it doesn't as "personal" to me if we use their last names as opposed to their first, you know? To some of us Coach and the players are like extensions of our own families in a few cases. Just my two cents/

I think it's just you.

Comment

Funny I feel the exact opposite (that it's weird when first names are used).

Comment

I can understand your point of view. I think it would be rude in person to call our coach "Marshall" but not rude to call him "Coach Marshall" or "Gregg."
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Well, we know Bobby Knight's opinion on the matter.

Comment

Generally, I am a lst name guy.
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Yes, it's just you.

Try first-name-only-basis with the baseball team and say "Tyler". Three Tylers, a Taylor, a Tyson might answer. Was that Justin or Dustin. Noah who? There's been quite a few Ryans on the roster, too (2 this season).

My pet peeve is when someone leaves only a couple of squares left on the roll and it comes time to do some serious paperwork.

--'85.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

We could always be like the UC Irvine fans.

LETS GO TWO TWO
                COME ON THREE ONE!
                LETS WIN THIS FREE THROW RIGHT HERE PETEY GIVE THE LITTLE GUY A HAND

Comment

I have to agree with the majority here...I use last names with all my friends. Now, with my family I have to go with first names...using last names would just get confusing.

Comment

I like using nicknames myself

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
                      My pet peeve is when someone leaves only a couple of squares left on the roll and it comes time to do some serious paperwork.
                      When I do that my wife tends to chuck the empty roll at my head. This despite the fact that the restock is always within arm's length. At least Baby ShockBand hasn't discovered putting the tail of the roll in the toilet and flushing! But its only a matter of time...
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

LETS GO TWO TWO
                        COME ON THREE ONE!

Thats funny, thats how i've always cheered the guys at the baseball games. Heck I've been known to do it for basketball too, and even calling my own players out when coaching. (sometimes its easier than trying to pronounce some of the names kids have these days)

Comment

I think calling someone's number in baseball is actually a pretty established practice.
                          Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Calling first names is for AYSO soccer moms.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox151
                              Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

LETS GO TWO TWO
                              COME ON THREE ONE!

Thats funny, thats how i've always cheered the guys at the baseball games. Heck I've been known to do it for basketball too, and even calling my own players out when coaching. (sometimes its easier than trying to pronounce some of the names kids have these days)
                              Actually in baseball ive always used first names for some odd reason. Or postition. I would yell at the SS "Hey Short" etc etc

Originally posted by wsu789
                              I think calling someone's number in baseball is actually a pretty established practice.
                              It is but when your a 50 yr old man with the voice of a school girl it is not.

Im really just busting their balls a little bit. Some of them were pretty cool peoples.

Comment

Working...
                              X