No announcement yet.

I think it's just me that has this pet peeve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah at baseball I use number, first name and last name pretty interchangeably.

Comment

Using last names is just apart of the sports world. I dont know about anyone else, but I have never heard a coach yell "Joey, get your @$$ over here." It's always been, and always should be "Smith, get your @$$ over here."

Of course, if your yelling at JTD, at times it should be closer to "Nancy, when are you going to play some D?"
      That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
        I like using nicknames myself
        Are the nicknames based upon last names, first names, a previous incident, or a combination? I am curious because when you mentioned that I reflected and must say that any nicknames with my crowd are generally based upon last names although there are a few exceptions.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
          Originally posted by Rosewood
          I like using nicknames myself
          Are the nicknames based upon last names, first names, a previous incident, or a combination? I am curious because when you mentioned that I reflected and must say that any nicknames with my crowd are generally based upon last names although there are a few exceptions.
          We have Dave Dahl to thank for JT "Meat Hips" Durly

Comment

I don't think it matters as long as everybody knows who you mean. We don't have KBrad and RBrad anymore.

Comment

Nicknames made up of initials like KG for Kevin Garnett or A-Rod for Alex Rodriquez are extremely stupid and lazy. I like nicknames like Flash (Dywane Wade) and your Airness

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                Nicknames made up of initials like KG for Kevin Garnett or A-Rod for Alex Rodriquez are extremely stupid and lazy. I like nicknames like Flash (Dywane Wade) and your Airness
                King James is also a good one. I don't mind the abbreviations, but they shouldn't be thought of as nicknames, just as shorthand.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

How about Vinny "The Microwave" Johnson

That was definently cool.

Comment

All time best name: World B. Free (Born Lloyd Benjamin Free - Yeah, World is definitely better).

Best Father & Son Nicknames: Cheese Johnson and Cheddar Johnson

Comment

Downtown Freddie Brown. :good:

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Maybe we should give nickhames to all the Shockers.

Of course PJ is Cooz, but how about the other guys:

Matt = Head-Banger
                        Mekel = Shekel (He's money, man!)
                        Aaron - String Bean
                        Ramon = The Orator
                        Lance = Sir Lance-A-Lot
                        Wendell = Whenwill (he make a shot) - Ok, that wasn't nice
                        Graham = Cracker (probably not PC, huh!) - How about 'Nabisco'
                        JT = Beetle Bailey
                        Mantas = Praying (Mantas)
                        Phil = Uphill (I need some help with Phil)

Comment

Phil = Stone Hands
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Dont bother me! 8)
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                            X