The Valley Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Valley Next Year

After seeing the entire league once except for Evansville who I've seen on TV, it is safe to say the league will be much better next year. In fact on paper every team should be improved with the exceptions of Indiana State, Drake and Bradley. Loyola, MSU,UNI, Evansville, SIU and the Redturds will return most of their players. A couple of coaches could be on the hot seat which will shake things up, but overall I don't see us mowing through it with ease. We should be preseason #1 but the recruiting class has to pan out next year in order to continue our domination. We've seen our bench this year enough to know what we lack. On the positive side, I really could see the league as a multi bid phenomenon next year.

As much as I despise about this league, barring a miracle, we are here at least for the short term.

Might as well plan for it.

I love all this talk about WSU dominating the MVC.
    Someone remind me how many games WSU won the MVC by last year?

WSU is just dominating the MVC this year also right?
    How many games is the lead this year as WSU dominates the MVC?

Let's dominate the MVC in real life before we start talking about all our domination!

Comment

Definitely agree. Having watched Loyola the past couple of years as a Valpo student I would say this is the best team they've put out there in my college years. If they can find a couple more pieces like Doyle then they could be a strong challenger over the course of the next few years. Indiana St will most likely have a bit of a drop off, but UNI, IL St, SIU, and EU should be able to combine to form a good challenge to the Shockers.

Comment

Everyone should be better next season except us and ISU blue.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post

Let's dominate the MVC in real life before we start talking about all our domination!
          What's our average margin of victory in Valley games this year?

When was the last Valley team to start off 9-0 in conference?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I don't see us changing leagues anytime soon or ever. I agree I think the league will be better because of the youth of some of the teams. I think Loyola someday could challenge, with-in about 4yrs. I too believe we can get two in the NCAA and who knows in two or three yrs maybe 3. I think Missouri State, I.S.U. and Indiana State will challenge, and I still think Northern Iowa is still one of the better programs, and I think Ben Jacobson is a good coach for this league. We need these programs to be good.

Comment

I was referring to this year only. Give me some credit.

Also, my disdain for the league is not a "we are better than everyone" aloofness. It stems from alot of other things, the aggregate of which gets on my last nerve.

Comment

9-0 and beat the second place team by 20, don't know how much else you can want at this point in the season...

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  With Baker, FVV, Cotton and Darius Carter back next year (as well as DeRail Green and Evan Wessel) I am not willing to say we aren't going to be even better next year. Coach Marshall always finds a way to make each years team a little better than the year before.

Comment

Time will tell. I know our staff is constantly evaluating the other teams and upgrading our talent accordingly.

Comment

Weren't most of the Valley teams supposed to be improved this year? I know for a fact UNI has supposed to have been improved for the last 3 years and counting. Maybe the Valley is just never going to be a good conference again.

Comment

I see no reason to think we can't or wont be as good or even better next yr. our redshirts should be developing , Green should improve with the departure of Nick. We lose Colby ,still have Carter. Gain SM and Bush 7 ft Wamakuta (sp) lose Cle , but still have FVV, Ron ,as Jr's and TC as a Sr. throw in a (hopefully improved Z Bush and even JRS ., Whats not to believe HCGM doesn't just reload ???
                        From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

YOU REALLY THINK WE'LL BE BETTER THAN 22-0 NEXT YEAR AT THIS POINT?

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                            Weren't most of the Valley teams supposed to be improved this year? I know for a fact UNI has supposed to have been improved for the last 3 years and counting. Maybe the Valley is just never going to be a good conference again.
                            And we've had multiple posters for a couple of years telling us how Bradley is going to improve. I have no confidence in other Valley programs becoming and thing close to WSU. Sure somebody else will have a good year now and then, and that's aboit it.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

I hope this is sarcasm. You've seen the class coming in next year, right? I expect big improvement from Carter and Green next year. Shaq. Rian. The ONLY thing that slows this roll is a coaching change. But you are correct about ISUb. They will suck.

Even if they aren't 22-0, they will be the class of the MVC and ranked.
                              One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Working...
                              X