MVC Tournament attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    As long as the tournament is in St. Louis, or any other location equally unfavorable to the lone school left holding the attendance up, that minimum should be at least 500, ponied up by the schools if their fans do not step up. 1 of 10 schools has almost 50% of the pre-sale.
    I agree. If the Illinois and Indiana schools insist on holding the tourney in St. Louis every year then the minimum purchase ticket requirement needs to go up to 1,000. Otherwise if they aren't willing to pony up with ticket sales, the tourney ought to at least rotate with KC where they will at least draw a big crowd from Wichita.
    Last edited by shocker3; January 28, 2014, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Hell just play it at IBA if Shocker fans are the only ones going anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
        What happens if we end up somewhere other than St. Louis?

Regrets?
        That money will be spent in another useful way, just not sure what that is yet.

Comment

Just hold the whole tournament at the arena of the #1 seed.

Hyping up a major tournament in a big neutral city is nice for a high-major conference, but the MVC is decidedly a mid-major at best conference now.

If WSU leaves, they'll be able to hold Arch Madness at Loyola's arena. Might be able to sell it out.
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I will see us win the MVC Tourny in STL.

That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
              I still think alot of shocker fans wont go to the mvc tourney and just wait it out to go to the NCAA tourney assuming we will be put in st. louis
              If WSU would be put in STL with KU, tickets could be very hard to come by.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                Buying now is a good idea, Shocker fans. If the Shox do not end up in St. Louis, they will have been bumped by teams that will bring enough fans to buy your tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  Buying now is a good idea, Shocker fans. If the Shox do not end up in St. Louis, they will have been bumped by teams that will bring enough fans to buy your tickets.
                  I don't trust the committee; I could see us getting screwed on location.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    Remember folks, it's not like the U is going to get 3000 tickets either. Their allotment will go by SASO points, and unfortunately, given recent success, you're going to have to have a TON to be able to buy. I have a fair amount of SASO points, and I've already purchased other tickets.

Comment

STL

As usual, I'll be in STL for the show. This makes 16 years in a row.

It will definitely have a different feel without the drunk CU slapdicks running around. However, I never thought I would say this, but I will miss them.

The Valley brain trusts will finally feel the impact of CU leaving/Loyola entering when there are 4000 less patrons contributing to the Valley bottom line.

Loyola can barely get 2K to their home games, due to a lack of on court success for say, the last 30 years.
                      How many do you think will pony up serious cash to come down and watch them lose on Thursday night?

The other financial losers will be those scalpers running up and down the streets.
                      Not only will there be 4K less to bargain with, those who do negotiate will likely be sober!

That is all.
                      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

I was going to say the big bang will never be the same without cu fans only to learn the big bang has closed...now we have to find a new Friday night tradition...

Comment

I just hope that the restuarants and bars realize that they can't count on their white whine spritzer sales to skyrocket this time of year anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn View Post
                            I was going to say the big bang will never be the same without cu fans only to learn the big bang has closed...now we have to find a new Friday night tradition...
                            This makes me very, very sad!!!! I loved going there. My favorite was Saturday night 2010 when I met a friend there and celebrated the Shockers making the finals for the first time...and all the sCUmmies were gone at that point.
                            78-65

Comment

I'm sure the food venders will miss the "sCUmmies" too...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Saw this link for some different discounts that the MVC is offering for tickets, including military and family discounts. Check it out and take advantage of it if it applies to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X