Radio sync options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio sync options

For those who want to listen to Mike and Dave/Bob instead of the TV guys, here are a couple of options:

Option 1 is the Sports Sync Radio:

Option 2 is a little more work, but is free if you already own a radio and a cable that you've hesitated to throw away, knowing that you'll surely need it someday:

The software is free but you need:
    1. An AM radio with a headphone jack (which they all do)
    2. A standard 3.5mm male-to-male headphone cord
    3. A computer (Windows OS) with a line in jack and speakers

Here's a YouTube video that explains it:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This worked really well for us last night when the delay was about 15 seconds. Maybe I'll upgrade from computer speakers with subwoofer to the home theater speakers.

I have Option 1. It works just fine, but I am sure it is not a high quality radio.

I bought the radio. After one or two uses, it did not work properly. I called the vendor and ask for a replacement. I offered to return the radio. The vendor said it was not necessary. The vendor sent a replacement radio and it works fine. So now I have two radios. One, which works fine and one, which does not work fine.

I am able to adjust for a maximum of 16 seconds of lag time.

Senora Rio and I only use it for Shocker games and Mike Kennedy.

The cost is a little pricey, but we are fine with it.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO View Post
      For those who want to listen to Mike and Dave/Bob instead of the TV guys, here are a couple of options:

Option 1 is the Sports Sync Radio:

Option 2 is a little more work, but is free if you already own a radio and a cable that you've hesitated to throw away, knowing that you'll surely need it someday:

The software is free but you need:
      1. An AM radio with a headphone jack (which they all do)
      2. A standard 3.5mm male-to-male headphone cord
      3. A computer (Windows OS) with a line in jack and speakers

Here's a YouTube video that explains it:
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This worked really well for us last night when the delay was about 15 seconds. Maybe I'll upgrade from computer speakers with subwoofer to the home theater speakers.
      I assume both of these options only work if you're actually in the listening area. For those of us out-of-towners, I'm not aware of any way to pause through shockerradio, TuneIn or FMStream.

Comment

TuneIn app (in iOS) lets you pause. So I pause that and pause the DVR and I sync up. Easy breezy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
          TuneIn app (in iOS) lets you pause. So I pause that and pause the DVR and I sync up. Easy breezy.
          Just a heads up for you, and anyone else. Shockerradio.com also has a pause feature. It isn't nearly as far behind as Tune-In. So I use that. I do not get as far behind real time. That way I don't have to avoid looking on ShockerNet, Twitter, ect. And see what happened before I actually see it.
          Goo Shockers

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
            I have Option 1. It works just fine, but I am sure it is not a high quality radio.

I bought the radio. After one or two uses, it did not work properly. I called the vendor and ask for a replacement. I offered to return the radio. The vendor said it was not necessary. The vendor sent a replacement radio and it works fine. So now I have two radios. One, which works fine and one, which does not work fine.

I am able to adjust for a maximum of 16 seconds of lag time.

Senora Rio and I only use it for Shocker games and Mike Kennedy.

The cost is a little pricey, but we are fine with it.
            Can you put a price on freedom (from Bruce and Craig)?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              Can you put a price on freedom (from Bruce and Craig)?
              An exemplary question and a damn good question too.

The answer is in the negative, especially C.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                Concur. This is terrifically easy to do, works great, and requires no additional equipment than what most people already have.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxFan45 View Post
                  Just a heads up for you, and anyone else. Shockerradio.com also has a pause feature. It isn't nearly as far behind as Tune-In. So I use that. I do not get as far behind real time. That way I don't have to avoid looking on ShockerNet, Twitter, ect. And see what happened before I actually see it.
                  The flash player on shockerradio.com should definitely let you pause. I can't say for sure how much it will buffer but certainly enough to get you in sync with the DVR.

Chris

Comment

Tune in app on android works great for me, just sync to the Bluetooth speaker and I can pause either the tv or the radio.
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I just listen to ShockerRadio through Media Player. The Media Player pause button works just fine.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                      X