Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Final 4 had best TV ratings in 8 years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Ron Baker may get the full 4 years of media (and national audience) love and adoration. His story is so unique. Small-town in a sparsely populated rural area produces a potential AA candidate who isn't cocky or arrogant. D1 basketball is dominated by urban players who, quite often, have some attitude about themselves.

Baker couldn't be scripted in a movie. No one would believe the character was real. Baker is "Hoosiers". He's the ultimate underdog who got only one chance and made the best of it. Throw in VanVleet, who wasn't big enough, quick enough, or fast enough to make it with the top programs, so he took the best option he had and proved he belonged in every conversation about the absolute best player at his position as a Sophomore.

I think the Shox will continue getting good ratings in the post-season. Reality programs have dominated the market lately, and WSU has one of the best in D1 ball going on right now. Unless you're a supporter of one of the traditional favorites to win the "reality show", I think you're going to want to see the Shox take the prize.

I'd guess if there was a national poll of who would you like to see win the NC, and you couldn't vote for your own team or your conference member, tht WSU would do pretty well. I think fans love the Shox.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Ron Baker may get the full 4 years of media (and national audience) love and adoration. His story is so unique. Small-town in a sparsely populated rural area produces a potential AA candidate who isn't cocky or arrogant. D1 basketball is dominated by urban players who, quite often, have some attitude about themselves.

Baker couldn't be scripted in a movie. No one would believe the character was real. Baker is "Hoosiers". He's the ultimate underdog who got only one chance and made the best of it. Throw in VanVleet, who wasn't big enough, quick enough, or fast enough to make it with the top programs, so he took the best option he had and proved he belonged in every conversation about the absolute best player at his position as a Sophomore.

I think the Shox will continue getting good ratings in the post-season. Reality programs have dominated the market lately, and WSU has one of the best in D1 ball going on right now. Unless you're a supporter of one of the traditional favorites to win the "reality show", I think you're going to want to see the Shox take the prize.

I'd guess if there was a national poll of who would you like to see win the NC, and you couldn't vote for your own team or your conference member, tht WSU would do pretty well. I think fans love the Shox.
      It's funny because as much as people seemingly love to go to Wal-Mart and buy t-shirts for big name teams that they follow only because the team has big name recognition I do think a lot of folks prefer to follow the underdog. WSU offers these folks everything they could want. A relatively lesser known basketball product in a college basketball driven state, great player story lines, a coach that is more entertaining than a cat in a washing machine and a relatively safe bet for some NCAA tourney success this year.
      "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

The Shockers continue to get pretty good TV ratings. The WSU-Evansville game last Saturday on espnU was the fifth highest rated show (out of 123) last week on espnU drawing 293,000 viewers. http://sonofthebronx.blogspot.com/20...s-ratings.html

Comment

I didn't realize Evansville had that big of a following.:)

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
            The Shockers continue to get pretty good TV ratings. The WSU-Evansville game last Saturday on espnU was the fifth highest rated show (out of 123) last week on espnU drawing 293,000 viewers. http://sonofthebronx.blogspot.com/20...s-ratings.html
            Most of these people were tuned in to see if Marty would possibly eat one of his players during the game. He didn't BTW.
            "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
              Most of these people were tuned in to see if Marty would possibly eat one of his players during the game. He didn't BTW.
              "Get in my belly!"
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
              X