Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC Coaches Teleconference (1/21/14) - HCGM

Roanoke news called in. Question is:

Is this team capable of beating elite teams in March?
    HCGM gets a little testy and then ask the reporter about Villanova jumping over WSU in the polls this week and asked him since villanova got beat at home by 40 if WSU would be ranked ahead of them next week if they win both games this week.

Question on road success - answer: Physical and mental toughness. Tough, challenging practices.

Comment

Question on ISUR/WSU rivalry: dodges question.

Comment

Priceless!

Comment

Muller had only coach speak for WSU game. Working on better shot selection and be ready to match WSU physicality.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            http://www.mvc-sports.com/multimedia/audio/

HCGM gets a little testy and then ask the reporter about Villanova jumping over WSU in the polls this week and asked him since villanova got beat at home by 40 if WSU would be ranked ahead of them next week if they win both games this week.
            That is what is referred to the Roanoke Stammer. Ha Ha Ha

Comment

HCGM is awesome! That guy asked a dumbass question.

Comment

HCGM got more than a little testy...he straight up called out that guy for his stupid question. Dude was asking "can you beat elite programs come March" and HCGM said "who do you consider elite? Villanova?" [Dude: sure] HCGM says "they got smacked yesterday; were done 40 points at home. If we win these next two games this week, you gonna have us in front of them? [Dude: I would think so, yeah] Because you had them jumping us this week [Dude: True]. You tell me who you think is elite and I'll tell you if I think we can compete with them. Is Virginia Tech elite? Tennessee? [Dude: Do you have a sense that other teams don't want to play the Shockers come March?] HCGM: I think it goes without saying [Dude hangs his head and admits defeat]

HCGM scared them all so much that another reporter later in the interview said "For the record, I didn't have Villanova leap-frogging you" and that provokes HCGM to go off again on how crappy Villanova played last night and that nobody would come on our home court and do that to us.
                lolololololololol
                Last edited by chicagoshocker; January 21, 2014, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Question on ISUR/WSU rivalry: dodges question.
                  HCGM doesn't really dodge the question, but he panders to ISU's alternate version of "rivalry"

Question: ISU and Wichita have always had a good rivalry; heated up even more in recent years. HCGM: WHO's got a rivalry? [ISU and Wichita] HCGM: Have they? Um, well, it's a competitive game if that's what you're saying."
                  Last edited by chicagoshocker; January 21, 2014, 08:31 PM.

Comment

I was listening live this afternoon - and was rolling on the floor. Coach was priceless. I've listened to it a few times since and it just gets better every time.

Comment

I posted this elsewhere, but the writer's article after the conference plays the "It goes without saying..." comment as anything BUT the slam on him it was meant to be!http://www.roanoke.com/sports/colleg...a4bcf6878.html

Comment

Bottom line: "Don't bring stupid questions in here. Don't refer to ANY other program in terms that imply that WSU in some way inferior. WSU pays well north of a mil per and we're off a final four appearance. It doesn't get any more elite than that. Kiss my ass."
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Priceless

That was some good stuff there. HCGM was spot on, why would anyone feel like we can't compete and beat anyone come March. Would that idiot ask Bill Self or John Calapari that kind of stupid question of a team that is ranked 5th in the country and 19-0. I think not....good job coach...that was some funny stuff. Its like that reporter isn't convinced that we are for real....pinhead

Comment

I guess I'm a little confused about why a Roanoke guy is even bothering to ask ANYTHING to Coach...

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                              I guess I'm a little confused about why a Roanoke guy is even bothering to ask ANYTHING to Coach...
                              Shouldn't be...Final Four, top 5 ranking....there is national attention, and if the team continues, it will grow exponentially over the next few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X