WSU vs ILLINOIS STATE Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs ILLINOIS STATE Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Let's make a deal. Since records are made to be broken, we have another golden opportunity to do just that. Last Season when we visited the Redbirds, we were 7 down with somewhere around 35-45 seconds left but yet found a way to win a game we really needed at that time. How does 20-0 and 7-0 sound? It would be nice to see if our Shocks could take charge from the get-go and dominate this game. However, it is difficult to know how well we will be shooting the rock. If we rebound, play D. and draw many more fouls than they do, we will be in tip-top shape to win. Another Super Bowl opportunity for an opponent that would just lavish the chance to defeat us. Life can be unfriendly and hard on the road in the 'Valley of Shock', but I am prediciting us to win this game as always.

Shocks---- 70

Redbirds----61
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Inside out -no doubt.

W
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

This is our first rematch of the season. If I have to base my expectations of when Ill St came to town 11 days ago I'd say 70 to 55, giving them a few more points for some home cooking. Also the shox hit 70 because there won't be Papa Johns execs yelling at HCGM to keep it under 70.

Comment

A nice development for our improving Shocks is how Chadrack is coming along in solid fashion. His first double-double won't be his last. Next, Mr. Carter gives us a nice scoring boost off the bench with his 10 points yesterday. Baker had a nice scoring game yesterday and added 3 steals as did FVV. Mr. Cotton continues to play the solid D. and keep our foes under siege and stoved up. Maybe the Valley voters can wake up and understand he is a top defender in this here Valley.

The Trees so decided their game plan was to slow Cle to a mild roar, but that did not stop our Shocks and Cle just went with the flow of the game, not forcing the issue. Again, we had only 9 turnovers and made 8 steals when our foes had 11 turnovers and only 4 steals. Sometimes it is the little things that allow road warriors like us to be successful on the road.
        Last edited by forevershockerfan; January 19, 2014, 02:52 PM.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Fierce Gentlemen 77,
          Team Cheapshot 64

Comment

I am concerned about this road swing and not because I think one of these 2 teams is necessarily capable of beating our guys. I think everyone in the league, coaches and players and fans alike, understand where the bear sits these days.

And I'm not really concerned about a lack of focus or let down...yes, it's always tough to win on the road and I will never just summarily dismiss any road game, but 3G has proven more than able to keep these guys primed, ESPECIALLY on the road.

I am concerned about an undisciplined team like ISU and a wild card kind of coach in Muller and what they might try to do to get a win. I am anticipating any and all tactics being brought to bear in Normal especially. Combine that will a little moxie they're likely to have after a 4-2 start (and frankly should be 5-1) and this fan is going to be nervous until the final buzzer, regardless of the score.

Comment

They had threads on their message board for this game weeks ago. Guess what? Another freaking Super Bowl. The Valley should be paying us for all of these people showing up to watch the Shocker Road Show.

I want to destroy these asshats so bad. We could have beaten them by 40 last week. Stick to the same game plan and let's do it again. You know the guys have a chip on their shoulder against this program of hooligans. And you know what happens when this team gets a chip on its shoulder..

Please. Destroy. These. Clowns.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

ISUr is so undisciplined, they won't be able to get out of there own way.

72-55 SHOX
                The Assman

Comment

ISUr fans are coming up with sign/chant ideas and an idea common idea is a "footprint" for Cotton or a karate outfit.

We let you come back from a 7 pt deficit with 40 seconds left and helped vault you to a Final Four by kicking one of your players in the face, so let's celebrate it!

wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    They had threads on their message board for this game weeks ago. Guess what? Another freaking Super Bowl. The Valley should be paying us for all of these people showing up to watch the Shocker Road Show.

I want to destroy these asshats so bad. We could have beaten them by 40 last week. Stick to the same game plan and let's do it again. You know the guys have a chip on their shoulder against this program of hooligans. And you know what happens when this team gets a chip on its shoulder..

Yeah, I made the mistake of hopping over there to see what's up. Big mistake. Super bowl, red out (to cover up all the empty seats) signs, songs, coaches, recruits....I'm guessing their student section will be jacked on meth for a couple days in anticipation of the top 5 Shocks. Should be fun, and yes, administer the beating they deserve. Treat a dumpster fire like a dumpster fire. Put it out, then stomp on it and leave it to stink up the neighborhood.

Comment

Comparative Stats from StatSheet

There were no changes in categoriesfrom our previous meeting that either team lead in, just slight differences in some of the values.

Last edited by im4wsu; January 19, 2014, 12:54 PM.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                        ISUr is so undisciplined, they won't be able to get out of there own way.

72-55 SHOX
                        Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Yeah, I made the mistake of hopping over there to see what's up. Big mistake. Super bowl, red out (to cover up all the empty seats) signs, songs, coaches, recruits....I'm guessing their student section will be jacked on meth for a couple days in anticipation of the top 5 Shocks. Should be fun, and yes, administer the beating they deserve. Treat a dumpster fire like a dumpster fire. Put it out, then stomp on it and leave it to stink up the neighborhood.
                        Wow. Interesting group of comments. All in fun, maybe?

What do you really expect on an opposing team's fan board? We have that nice big Top 5 bull's eye on our back. May I add, am so proud of the players that wear it and how they wear it.

Do I like Muller? No. What about ISUr? They're one of the few other schools in this conference that have a good chance to succeed and I hope they do. Primarily, for our sake as long as we're stuck here.

I hope we win and win big. However, I'll also respect any opponent. I can also ignore cr*p from frustrated, load-mouth opposing fans. This Redbird team is not the same one that started the season 1-4. They've now gone 10-3 since and @ Drake, ran over a team most here thought would be a top half team.

Comment

Nothing wrong with calling a turd a turd.

Comment

They are really stuck on the idea that we care about Teddy Hawkins at all. Pretty funny. He fits in nicely there with the rest of those headcases.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                              Wow. Interesting group of comments. All in fun, maybe?

What do you really expect on an opposing team's fan board? We have that nice big Top 5 bull's eye on our back. May I add, am so proud of the players that wear it and how they wear it.

Do I like Muller? No. What about ISUr? They're one of the few other schools in this conference that have a good chance to succeed and I hope they do. Primarily, for our sake as long as we're stuck here.

I hope we win and win big. However, I'll also respect any opponent. I can also ignore cr*p from frustrated, load-mouth opposing fans. This Redbird team is not the same one that started the season 1-4. They've now gone 10-3 since and @ Drake, ran over a team most here thought would be a top half team.
                              I've seen their players. I've seen their coach. I've seen the way they play. Calling the undisciplined is more then fair I believe.
                              The Assman

Comment

Working...
                              X