Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShockerManiacs Screwing the Die-hards over.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
    I think there are actually two separate issues smashed into one **** sandwich on this thread right now. One is the non-issue of “intellectual property” theft; the other is the very real issue of this kid being a whiney and entitled little *****.

First, no one would have a problem if students showed up with that FredEx sign to the game. In fact, most of us were asking if not begging students to make this sign. That is the entire point of the thread! Most of us threw out ideas, some better than others, with the intent they be made into signs. Me personally, I would be thrilled if a student showed up with one of my ideas on a sign.

The real issue is that this fan, as dedicated and passionate as he is, acted like spoiled little ****, and then got his way. Instead of embracing the sign challenge and making something positive out of the situation, he contacted the local news and cried about on air, making us all look bad. In life when presented with a problem you can attack it and embrace the challenge or take a defeatists attitude and cry about it. He did the latter, and it wasn’t pretty. Furthermore, there was a veiled attempt to make this about the team and “superstition”, as if the team gives a **** where he sits. In reality it’s all about him and what he feels he is entitled to, nothing to do with what would be for the betterment of the athletic department, fellow fans, or the team.

Lastly, a fellow poster with the means to do so helped him out. It pissed people off to see someone get rewarded for this behavior and thus the backlash. The “idea” theft is just an easy thing to point at, when the behavior is the real issue.

Damn, I went on too long there. My apologies.
    Well put

Comment

• Now on to a new sign, how about...

SN Stat Leaders:

WUSHOCKBPELI - Steals 1

Signman - Assists 1
      “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
      -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
        I think there are actually two separate issues smashed into one **** sandwich on this thread right now. One is the non-issue of “intellectual property” theft; the other is the very real issue of this kid being a whiney and entitled little *****.

First, no one would have a problem if students showed up with that FredEx sign to the game. In fact, most of us were asking if not begging students to make this sign. That is the entire point of the thread! Most of us threw out ideas, some better than others, with the intent they be made into signs. Me personally, I would be thrilled if a student showed up with one of my ideas on a sign.

The real issue is that this fan, as dedicated and passionate as he is, acted like spoiled little ****, and then got his way. Instead of embracing the sign challenge and making something positive out of the situation, he contacted the local news and cried about on air, making us all look bad. In life when presented with a problem you can attack it and embrace the challenge or take a defeatists attitude and cry about it. He did the latter, and it wasn’t pretty. Furthermore, there was a veiled attempt to make this about the team and “superstition”, as if the team gives a **** where he sits. In reality it’s all about him and what he feels he is entitled to, nothing to do with what would be for the betterment of the athletic department, fellow fans, or the team.

Lastly, a fellow poster with the means to do so helped him out. It pissed people off to see someone get rewarded for this behavior and thus the backlash. The “idea” theft is just an easy thing to point at, when the behavior is the real issue.

Damn, I went on too long there. My apologies.

Originally posted by HoracePinker View Post
        Well put
        Agreed. See @HoracePinker:, we are not so different after all!
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          Agreed. See @HoracePinker:, we are not so different after all!
          Touché

Comment

• I finally watched the video clip. Just....wow.

Be a man, quit complaining, and enjoy the game this afternoon. Good grief.

Comment

• My question is, how did they spend 4-5 hours discussing what they wanted to do for the game??

Seems like it should only be a 10-15 minute discussion.
              The Assman

Comment

• Time for a lock @_kai_:
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I tend to agree.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                  X