Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShockerManiacs Screwing the Die-hards over.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShockerManiacs Screwing the Die-hards over.

First off, Thank ALL of you for the student-section forum on here about the Bradley game. I feel every time I rush down to section 117, Row 1 seat 4. I feel like I have the amazing opportunity to absolutely do everything I can to help our boys know how much we respect them and for all the hard work they do. I also work on getting in the opponents and in Illinois State's case, their heads.

We (about 6 of us) arrive to CKA about 7 hours before tip-off. We talk inside CKA and then go outside and wait in line for 2/3 hours outside, and as soon as the doors are open for the shocker-maniacs we run to the student section. This has been for the past 2 and a half years. We circled the Indiana State game on our calendars as "The Camp Out" game. We were planning on getting there around 5 P.M. Friday evening and enjoy being with other students as the biggest conference home game approached. Our phones (Those with the maniacs app) went off today with a notification saying "Those with the Best Signs will receive front row reserved seating in the student section. Judging will begin 45 minutes before doors open."

It doesn't matter if you camp. It doesn't matter how long you have waited. They want the ESPN Hungry fans, The fans that show up when ESPN is in town. No other game. It was the same way vs Western Kentucky, I saw 200+ students I haven't seen before we made the final four. After the first game they disappeared.

I know I am blowing smoke, but this team is family to me, and it has been since I have been in 6th grade. And to reserve the entire front row for "Fans who make the best sign"... It's a lottery. Unbelieveable. The Front row of the biggest game, half the students sitting there will be students who CAN'T NAME THE STARTING FIVE. Absolutely ridiculous.... A slap in the face to everyone who wanted to enjoy the KK (Koch Kampout).

That being said.. Play Angry Saturday, Shockers Up, and a few four letter words for the people in charge of the shocker-maniacs.
    **FEAR THE WHEAT**

I don't disagree that it might be a slap in the face, but athletics can do what they want. It's their building.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I, for one, hope you get to show off your WuShock tattoo from the front row BPeli. It isn't officially a home game for me until I get a shot of that beauty.

Comment

Can't hate them for trying to come up with new ideas. The student section has made great improvements lately, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Just make sure to have a kick ass sign. Most students that have been bringing signs have seemed pretty in tune with the game, so I would expect the same Saturday.
        The Assman

Comment

Thanks a bunch ShockOfAndover!!

I wish I would be front row to pump that baby up along with 10,506 of my closest friends... But I'm not down with the sign game. The student section was rocking against Bradley..it's a shame
          **FEAR THE WHEAT**

Comment

I don't really have a problem with athletics doing something like this once or twice a year. Obviously, it's a bummer to get bumped from the front row, but letting someone else have a turn up front for a game isn't really that big a deal. Hell, I routinely get pushed back a row or two from where I should be from people saving seats in the first 3-4 rows for people who aren't there when the Shockermaniacs get let in. But I realize that I'm a grad student and that the younger hooligans should be sitting in those seats causing a ruckus.

The marketing efforts this year have been pretty solid. Our situation this season blew up rather quickly, so there will be some work to do for the stuff that marketing is trying and the organic behavior of the student section to settle out. I'm sure that regardless of what they try, your tat won't be contained for long.

Comment

Just ride the ups and downs. If you can't have fun in the fifth row you aren't doing it right.

Comment

Originally posted by WUSHOCKBPELI View Post
                Thanks a bunch ShockOfAndover!!

I wish I would be front row to pump that baby up along with 10,506 of my closest friends... But I'm not down with the sign game. The student section was rocking against Bradley..it's a shame
                So you will rock from the second row....better to be a little higher anyway. You are young, enjoy life. 15 years from now you will find this espisode ranks very low on the ladder of lifes problems...lol BTW, you'll wear that hat but you wont make a sign that you can toss as soon as you win a FRS.

Comment

Yea I remember when I was in the student section like five or six years ago they usually had a promotion or two like this through out the season, it's not a big deal, our group tried to always do what we could to still get our normal front row, if not we settled for second. It's no issue for one or two games.
                  Shox-4-Life

Comment

Hope you have soome creativity and get to working on your sign.

Comment

Put your energy and frustration into a sign and win your spot on the front row. OWN THIS!

Comment

BPeli, dude, that sucks. I'm a big believer in rewarding the people that are committed, but you're talking one row for one game. I've been on row 29 for the last seven years. Once you graduate, you're probably not even sniffing the bottom ten rows unless you make a LOT of money or get in with a company that's a big donor.

So roll with it, or better yet, as already suggested, just knock your sign out of the park!

Comment

I graduated from WSU 10+ years ago...have gain a beer belly, wife and kids. I think it's time to put my wife's creativity to work and get me in the front row of the student section! In fact, maybe I can play off that in making my sign! :D

Comment

I want the die hards up front. But a little change isn't the worst thing. I say roll with the punches and yell that much louder.

Comment

Keep doing your thing BPeli...... Maybe the university/athletic department is trying to get more students in the front row, especially for a national televised game, rather than the 45 year old mom who takes a Microsoft word class online so she can get a shocker card and use a student ticket.

Comment

Working...
                              X