Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ShockerManiacs Screwing the Die-hards over.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braden,

I have two responses to this:

1) Uhhh ... Make a sign.

and

2) We spend 5 figures to get multiple season tickets every season - SASO and actual ticket cost. It doesn't make one whit of difference what time we get to the arena, we always have to sit in Row 17. Row 1 is never an option. The game and atmosphere in The Chuck are just as good from our seats as what I imagine the front row would be like. There are many people I know who cannot get tickets AT ALL. They aren't students and no more season tickets are available. Enjoy what you have when you get the opportunity and don't begrudge those who try new things.

--'85.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Ya that sucks but sometimes thats life. Either make a sign and try or sit in the 2nd row
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by bighouse View Post
        Keep doing your thing BPeli...... Maybe the university/athletic department is trying to get more students in the front row, especially for a national televised game, rather than the 45 year old mom who takes a Microsoft word class online so she can get a shocker card and use a student ticket.
        This.

I hate this loophole. Once I graduated, I felt I had an obligation to contribute to the university and SASO; not try to beat the system.

I also believe the Student Section and GA shouldn't be in the same section. If they are, GA should be above the entrances and SS down low.
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          I also believe the Student Section and GA shouldn't be in the same section. If they are, GA should be above the entrances and SS down low.
          This would never be an issue if students grabbed and used all the student tickets.

Comment

And kontinue on with the kampout at Koch. Enjoy the fellowship with your Shocker brethren whether you'll be in row 1 or row 10. Maybe even invite Rob Kampman!

Comment

Just because you define yourself as a "die hard" doesn't mean it gives you any right to dog on the fans who show up because ESPN is there. Maybe those kids make it to the ESPN games because they're the big games of the year, and they're studying, or working the other times, and make a dedication to take off for those big games but just can't for the rest of the year. One year, I had a night class that met once a week, and occassionally I'd have to miss a game because of it. I had friends who had to work odd shifts occasionally and wouldn't get to go. Think about other's situations before you judge them.

To me, there is nothing worse than a fan who thinks he's superior than other fans because of their perceived notion that they dedicate more time and passion than other fans.

And to give you a solution, why not still camp out, and turn the camp out into a sign making event?
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

You should contact me as I can help you with your sign needs....free of charge.

Originally posted by WUSHOCKBPELI View Post
                First off, Thank ALL of you for the student-section forum on here about the Bradley game. I feel every time I rush down to section 117, Row 1 seat 4. I feel like I have the amazing opportunity to absolutely do everything I can to help our boys know how much we respect them and for all the hard work they do. I also work on getting in the opponents and in Illinois State's case, their heads.

We (about 6 of us) arrive to CKA about 7 hours before tip-off. We talk inside CKA and then go outside and wait in line for 2/3 hours outside, and as soon as the doors are open for the shocker-maniacs we run to the student section. This has been for the past 2 and a half years. We circled the Indiana State game on our calendars as "The Camp Out" game. We were planning on getting there around 5 P.M. Friday evening and enjoy being with other students as the biggest conference home game approached. Our phones (Those with the maniacs app) went off today with a notification saying "Those with the Best Signs will receive front row reserved seating in the student section. Judging will begin 45 minutes before doors open."

It doesn't matter if you camp. It doesn't matter how long you have waited. They want the ESPN Hungry fans, The fans that show up when ESPN is in town. No other game. It was the same way vs Western Kentucky, I saw 200+ students I haven't seen before we made the final four. After the first game they disappeared.

I know I am blowing smoke, but this team is family to me, and it has been since I have been in 6th grade. And to reserve the entire front row for "Fans who make the best sign"... It's a lottery. Unbelieveable. The Front row of the biggest game, half the students sitting there will be students who CAN'T NAME THE STARTING FIVE. Absolutely ridiculous.... A slap in the face to everyone who wanted to enjoy the KK (Koch Kampout).

That being said.. Play Angry Saturday, Shockers Up, and a few four letter words for the people in charge of the shocker-maniacs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  This would never be an issue if students grabbed and used all the student tickets.
                  Nice try. They still have GA tickets, once all the student tickets are gone.
                  The Assman

Comment

Dress as a lumberjack. Make a cardboard axe, and put something witty on it. You'll be front row. They want characters there too, I imagine!
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Nice try. They still have GA tickets, once all the student tickets are gone.
                      I'm curious to know more about this, as according to GoShockers.com, "General admission seats, if available, will be released 1/16/14 at 5pm."

Are there really GA seats available for purchase for all games?

Comment

Originally posted by Signman View Post
                        You should contact me as I can help you with your sign needs....free of charge.
                        Take this man up on his offer.

Maybe you can get tricked out with a motion LED.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          I'm curious to know more about this, as according to GoShockers.com, "General admission seats, if available, will be released 1/16/14 at 5pm."

Are there really GA seats available for purchase for all games?
                          Nope. Only available if students don't pick up all the tickets. I'm told that tickets aren't lasting much past a week after pickup is made available.
                          78-65

Comment

I'm all for giving other people a shot at the front row but I think the sign idea isn't the best way to do it.

- Signs would get noticed in the 15th row, there's no need to showcase a sign in the front row
                            - People are already going to be making signs. Someone just got on SportsCenter because of their sign. Signs don't need to be incentivized anymore.
                            - Let's say everyone tries for the front row, do we really want 500 signs in the student section?

Hopefully the people that win the front row seat will at least disperse their signs throughout the student section. I think a line of 10 signs would look pretty dumb when ESPN does their camera shot down the front row of students. A much better idea would've been stick the people with the most Shocker gear/team spirit in the front row or the most "enthusiastic" people.

Comment

Sign suggestion. Get with all your pals that usually camp and get the front row. Make a big sign banner that unrolls where all the campers have to hold it up together on the front row. The trick is to make sure what you say on the sign is clever. The clever part is up to you and your gang. Have fun!

Comment

This.

I hate this loophole. Once I graduated, I felt I had an obligation to contribute to the university and SASO; not try to beat the system.
                                It is not a real big financial burden these days for freshly minted alumni to buy season tickets. The new Recent Graduate Program the AD has in place for you guys makes for a screaming deal for a season ticket package. There was no such program when my wife and I first graduated.

The only time GA exists in the student section is when the students don't pick up the full allotment. It IS a dedicated student section, but the AD is not going to leave money on the table when the students don't fully utilize that benefit. There is effectively no designated GA in Koch right now.

As an aside, when I was a student I would have been more than happy to drop the small athletic ticket fee out of my tuition, and pay a much larger fee for an individual student season package. The whole process of watching for disbursement dates and picking up the individual tickets was a total PITA, back in my day (not THAT long ago).

Comment

Working...
                                X