No announcement yet.

God Bless Matt Braeuer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will breath a big sigh of relief when the season ends with Matt healthy or at least with no further concussions.

Love the way he plays and I admire his guts and toughness.

Just stay healthy big, little man.

Comment

shocks by 3
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Kevin Hooper is still the biggest little man to ever wear a uni of any kind at wsu but matt is right behind him and thats not a put down on matt. I think gene has said on many a public occasion that hoop is his favorite. Nobody ever did more with less than hoop. Hell hoop played all 9 positions ina triple a game a year or two ago. He got the save in the 9th. You could also argue that x might be on that list of the biggest little guys also. Thats damn fine company to keep if you ask me.

Comment

I'd argue it's tougher to be 5'10" 150 lbs in basketball than it is in baseball. And that's not taking anything away from Hoop.

Comment

I won't venture to know anything about that baseball kid, but think about your average baseball closer. If he could effectively play every position, and hit triples, I'd say he's a bit better than Matt in the war of the short guys.
            Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
            Students > Alumni
            If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
            The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Your right it is tougher to be 5'10" and play basketball. But hoop was a lawrence kid and ku never gave him a shot. He got a chance here because gene liked his work ethic. Nobody ever expected him to get anything more than the opertunity to pinch run from time to time and be adaquate at his position if called upon. Long story short the guy in front of him went down his first year and hoop never left the field again. Hoop was an all american. Matt isnt an all american. Hoop has played in the bigs for minor stints. Kid was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
                I won't venture to know anything about that baseball kid, but think about your average baseball closer. If he could effectively play every position, and hit triples, I'd say he's a bit better than Matt in the war of the short guys.
                He wasnt a closer for wsu. He was an infielder. I'll have to see if I can dig up some of the articles about it. May take some time to find but ill look when I have some time.

Comment

You guys are completing missing my point. I'm not comparing Matt to Hooper. It's evident that Hooper was better at his game than Matt. I was just trying to point out that it's not unheard of to find sub-6 footers in MLB yet it's a very rare occurance in the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                    You guys are completing missing my point. I'm not comparing Matt to Hooper. It's evident that Hooper was better at his game than Matt. I was just trying to point out that it's not unheard of to find sub-6 footers in MLB yet it's a very rare occurance in the NBA.
                    No I get your point. But you replied behind me saying that matt may be one of the biggest little guys to ever don a wsu uni of anykind. When you replied with its harder to be 5'8" and play basketball I agreed with you. Im not trying to argue i just highjacked the thread to talk about hoop who I love way more than another man should lol.

Comment

Agree or Disagree: Matty B is a first ballot shocker hall of famer.

Comment

agree :wsu_posters:
                        Go ShOx!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                          thats a dumb question to even ask. The day he hit the shot against Creighton, he sealed the deal in my book.

GO MATTY B, :wsu_posters:
                          ________
                          Bmw E63/E64 History
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Hey guys

I wanted to chime in on this thread as well. I too have always respected and admired the way Braeuer plays the game. He plays it clean, he plays it hard and he plays it right.

cpacmel and I went to the game at Redbird Arena against you guys last month. cpacmel is a big Birds fan that has posted on here and on VT. Anyway mel made a "Get Well Soon Matt" sign for the game.

At halftime he and I went down to some Shocker fans seated behind their bench to show them the sign. They had Matt's jersey on so we figured it might be his folks. I think it was his Aunt and Uncle as it turned out, but they were nice as can be. We talked to them for a couple minutes and wished Matt well. They took a picture of the sign and were appreciative of mel's sincerity.

Anyway..it was a nice moment and one I won't forget. I am glad Matt is feeling better and able to compete again. By all accounts he seems like a favorite of you guys and that's awesome.

:posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                              Disagree. I love matt as much as just about anyone thats ever put on a wsu uni in any sport but i dont think he is a first ballat.

Comment

Working...
                              X