• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Freakin' do that Doc!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockthemonkey View Post
      Don't Freakin' do that Doc!!!!
      Please believe me....no intent there. My bad.

Comment

• Bump.

It is bad juju when less than eight hours from the biggest conference game of the season the game day thread is #7 in the thread list and is 5 spaces behind a game thread that was two games ago.

Bad juju.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
          Bump.
          It is bad juju when less than eight hours from the biggest conference game of the season the game day thread is #7 in the thread list and is 5 spaces behind a game thread that was two games ago.
          Bad juju.
          It's not our fault that a crushed fan of the other team can't let go of us.

Comment

• Striped Chuck: 81
            Trees: 75
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              I agree. Seems like a lot. But if we're truly a Top 5 team, playing at home, with something actually "at stake", I think it's reasonable. I just think this team will be out to prove something, especially after last year's embarrassing loss. Give this team something to shoot at or put a chip on their shoulder, and look out. They haven't had that type of game in quite a while this year.

With that said, I could be completely wrong too.
              We need Baker to "go all Joe Ragland" on ISU like Joe did against Long Beach...that would keep the crowd in the game. Just hope we don't come out tight and start behind like the N. Iowa game.

Comment

• Funny how Seth Davis hedges his bet for today's game. In his Weekend Picks, he has the Shockers winning 76-70, but also picks ISU on his Upset Alert.

I'll take Vegas and the Shocks by 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                  We need Baker to "go all Joe Ragland" on ISU like Joe did against Long Beach...that would keep the crowd in the game. Just hope we don't come out tight and start behind like the N. Iowa game.
                  the game i remember joe going "all joe ragland" was 2 years ago, when he went off for 31 pts against UNLV. Two weeks earlier we'd lost to bama by 10 and to temple in overtime in a holiday tournament. that 89-70 thumping validated us as a team to be reckoned with

that's also the year we boat raced indiana state 72-48 in st. louis. i have a coworker--not given to faint praise--who saw that game and told me, "man, you guys look like an NBA team!"

somewhere in the back of their minds, odum, lansing, et al know what can happen when we lace 'em up. i'm ready for more buttwhipping on national tv
                  Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
                    the game i remember joe going "all joe ragland" was 2 years ago, when he went off for 31 pts against UNLV. Two weeks earlier we'd lost to bama by 10 and to temple in overtime in a holiday tournament. that 89-70 thumping validated us as a team to be reckoned with

that's also the year we boat raced indiana state 72-48 in st. louis. i have a coworker--not given to faint praise--who saw that game and told me, "man, you guys look like an NBA team!"

somewhere in the back of their minds, odum, lansing, et al know what can happen when we lace 'em up. i'm ready for more buttwhipping on national tv
                    We did look special against UNLV in the Chuck! Such a complete game!!
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• GO SHOX!

Comment

• Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post

You're right--that was the 3-point barrage I meant to list. A similar result by Baker today would be awesome.

Comment

• I have mixed feelings on this game. ISU is a team with a bunch of shooters who want to play horse, and if there is an Achilles heel with this team over the last few years that would be it. And ISU was good enough to beat us here last year.

However, ISU now finds themselves in the unenviable position of being our primary conference challenger. Last year it was possible to overlook them, as we were so focused on beating Creighton. Now they have our full attention and energy, both from the standpoint of the players and fans. If they thought our crowd last year was rabid, just wait until they see what we are like with a stripe-out and ESPN in the house.

Shocks 74
                          Trees 70
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                            I have mixed feelings on this game. ISU is a team with a bunch of shooters who want to play horse, and if there is an Achilles heel with this team over the last few years that would be it. And ISU was good enough to beat us here last year.

However, ISU now finds themselves in the unenviable position of being our primary conference challenger. Last year it was possible to overlook them, as we were so focused on beating Creighton. Now they have our full attention and energy, both from the standpoint of the players and fans. If they thought our crowd last year was rabid, just wait until they see what we are like with a stripe-out and ESPN in the house.

Shocks 74
                            Trees 70
                            The way I see it is...ISU is essentially the same team as last year. How much better they are this year from last is nominal at best. They seem to be playing better of late but then agail, they played pretty well here last year too.

Our team is WAY different from last year. First, Baker will be playing and they have never played against him. Lufile is much better than last year and we have a 3-pronged post that will wear down ISU's inside game. And last we have FVV. What they saw of him last year will pale in comparison to this year.

While cautious, I am confident. Our guys are better and hungrier than theirs.

Comment

• Sagarin 86.73 - 79.56 + 3.54= 10.81

Team Ranking 85.7% winner

Realtime 78-59

Statsheet has line at -10.5

Massey 74-62
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                                The way I see it is...ISU is essentially the same team as last year. How much better they are this year from last is nominal at best.
                                I'm not sure that is totally accurate. Yes, they have essentially the same personnel but not sure they are the same team. I am expecting a strong challenge from the Sycamores today.

Per Paul Suellentrop's game preview:

The Sycamores shot 42.9 percent, 32.1 from three-point range, last season on their way to an 18-15 record and the NIT. Five of the top six scorers are back and four (all except senior guard Jake Odum) improved their shooting percentages.

“It’s just repetition,” Sycamores coach Greg Lansing said. “Guys put in a lot of time. Last year, we were a better shooting team than what our stats showed, but obviously it was our Achilles heel and cost us down the stretch.”

Many of the improvements are dramatic. Forward Manny Arop, demonstrating improved shot selection, is 26 of 63 (44.4 percent) from three-point range, up from 31 of 110 (28.2) last season. Forward Khristian Smith made 65 of 172 (37.8 percent) shots last season. He is shooting 55 percent (71 of 129) this season. Guard Dawon Cummings improved from a 29-percent three-point shooter to 38 percent.

Comment

Working...
                                X