Rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
    At this point it's been a full month since he sprained his ankle. He's moving better during games and he's still producing. If you had to guess which player was nursing an injury based off the Missouri State game I don't think Baker would be your first guess.
    That's true, plus Ron himself has said that his ankle is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Warriors have high tolerance for pain and laugh at it. Other people are hobbled by pain and adverisity to their body. I think Baker is a Warrior. If it wasn't his ankle it would probably be something else causing him pain - but it not going to stop him.
      My friend who attended the Ill State game with us said at least four times during the first ten minutes of the game that Baker was being hammered and was constantly checking to see if he still had his front teeth. He also mentioned that he'd seen better officials at Barton County Juco.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        I understand I am in the minority here. Haven't had ANY show of support for my opinion.
        I am a little surprised as I believe there has to be a number of posters like myself who
        have experienced bad sprains and know what it is like to play with them and recover from
        them. Don't know of any doctor that wouldn't recommend ice and rest for a bad sprain.
        Having played with one I always felt vulnerable to tweaking it and usually DID. You just
        don't do anything normally and it DOES affect your play and NOT positively. Rest DOES
        help. Hope he doesn't hurt it again but if it does happen remember what I've said.
        You aren't alone, asiseeit. I'd love to see Baker sit a game as well, and this is probably as good a chance as any. He isn't healthy; he's injured, just not so severely he can't play. But he is almost certainly more susceptible to something going wrong in his current condition than he would be otherwise. His game is also somewhat limited, despite what posters say about how he "looks" out there -- EVERY FG he's shot in the last two games has been a three, vs. 56% of his shots being threes in WSU's first 15 games.

I've mentioned the Spurs' ability in the NBA to win while (completely) resting Duncan or Parker -- they even won on the road against the Warriors recently with those two AND Ginobili sitting out. We've also seen plenty of college teams perform well recently without a key player -- Colorado handling Washington even after Dinwiddie left with what has turned out to be a season-ending injury, Florida winning at Arkansas without their leading scorer, Michigan State surviving Minnesota without their inside hulk Adreian Payne.

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. I just hope, as you do, that Baker manages to recover gradually and isn't hampered by lingering effects at the end of the season when the Shocks need to win six in a row this year instead of four and a close miss. And who knows -- maybe Bradley will put up more of a fight tonight than we've seen from them at times. But let's hope the Shocks can jump on them, dispirit them, and get lots of time for guys like Bush, Wessel, Green, Wiggins, and JR Simon.
        Last edited by WSUwatcher; January 14, 2014, 03:31 PM.

Comment

WSU’s Evan Wessel took it easy in shootaround today due to a sprained ankle. Will probably be something close to a game-time decision. Chadrack Lufile has sore shoulder, but should play.

http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/

Comment

These guys need to start taping their ankles tighter in practice. Games are far less dangerous for the Shocks than practices are.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
              These guys need to start taping their ankles tighter in practice. Games are far less dangerous for the Shocks than practices are.
              There are 10 WSU players playing at a time during practice, and they are playing everyday, for more than 40 minutes. It stands to reason that injuries are more likely in practice than in games.

Comment

Minutes on the court aside, it has been well established that our practices are a blood bath. No surprise that we are seeing injuries or at least nagging pains from practice tweaks. I happened to watch one of our practices a few days before selection Sunday last year. I was blown away by the beating our guys were putting on each other. Really amazing stuff.

Comment

Everyone happy?
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

No

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                      Everyone happy?
                      I'm happy, but I'm not satisfied.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                      X