Rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest

Happy to see in todays Eagle GM wanting to rest his regulars. I've already posted
    that I believe RB should suit but only play if absolutely necessary giving him a full
    weak to heal up better. We will win with or without him so isn't it better to win AND
    get him healed up better? He also gets rest. Here is hoping RB sits entirely and
    Cle, TC and Fred don't play over 20-25 minutes tonight.
    Last edited by asiseeit; January 14, 2014, 09:10 AM. Reason: add

I just want to see a line up with Chadrack, Kadeem AND DC all on the court. I just want to see it. I don't care if it doesn't make sense, I want to see it.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I am not a fan of sitting someone in college for the purpose of rest if they are healthy. I mean as in taking him completely out of a game. Rest can come in many ways during a season and reducing minutes during a game is one of them I like. It keeps your regulars focused and in routine. Not saying that RB couldn't handle sitting out, but I think it can set a bad precedent with players thinking they are getting special treatment so on and so forth.. (again, I highly doubt our Shockers would have an issue with this)

Overall, if and when we are able, reduced minutes to allow both rest and game experience for bench players is crucial in the long haul.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
        I just want to see a line up with Chadrack, Kadeem AND DC all on the court. I just want to see it. I don't care if it doesn't make sense, I want to see it.
        Just for grins, do a lineup of Lufile, Coleby, Carter, Early & Baker.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
          Just for grins, do a lineup of Lufile, Coleby, Carter, Early & Baker.
          Nah. Move Early to the point-forward and bring in Derail for Baker as the SG.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Or Wiggins
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              Zone press, dribble drive offense, it could work. ;)
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                Happy to see in todays Eagle GM wanting to rest his regulars. I've already posted
                that I believe RB should suit but only play if absolutely necessary giving him a full
                weak to heal up better. We will win with or without him so isn't it better to win AND
                get him healed up better? He also gets rest. Here is hoping RB sits entirely and
                Last year Derrick Rose was medically cleared to play in March but decided not to play again until the next season. I thought at the time it was a bad decision because an injury can occur at anytime. If the doctors say you won't cause further damage by playing I don't see any reason to remain on the bench, especially when your team needs you. So he waited an extra three or four months before he played his first game then shortly after the season began he injured his other knee. Now he's sitting out the the rest of this season. The bulls had a chance, however slim, to knock off the heat in last years playoffs if Rose would have come back. They might never get that opportunity again.

Blah blah blah, anyways, my point is it's not a clear cut situation. He could rest for 2 weeks, come back completely healthy and twist his ankle again or suffer a different injury. If the training staff feels like he can play without aggravating or worsening the injury then I'm all for him playing. Like others said, there are ways to get him the rest he needs to get healthy without sitting him for games at a time.

Besides, from my viewpoint it looks like he's getting healthier each game. My 2 cents FWIW.

Comment

If you listened to Coach the other night, it's not going to happen. Baker's going to play, and play a lot.

Comment

I understand I am in the minority here. Haven't had ANY show of support for my opinion.
                    I am a little surprised as I believe there has to be a number of posters like myself who
                    have experienced bad sprains and know what it is like to play with them and recover from
                    them. Don't know of any doctor that wouldn't recommend ice and rest for a bad sprain.
                    Having played with one I always felt vulnerable to tweaking it and usually DID. You just
                    don't do anything normally and it DOES affect your play and NOT positively. Rest DOES
                    help. Hope he doesn't hurt it again but if it does happen remember what I've said.

Comment

I would play as usual until up by a very comfortable lead.

I would, however, like to see Green get some more minutes tonight.

I think he and Wessel are going to need to get better offensively if Wiggins is going to continue to struggle from outside.

Wiggins driving the basket = fine.

We gotta get some outside scoring from our bench. It is weak.

Def. weak - adj. Opposite of strong. Lacking strength.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I just don't want us to become a Gonzaga, where we dominate our conference only to be dumped early in the Tourney. I want us to be more like Kansas where we dominate our conference but ...... Damn, Never mind, I just want us to win.
                        Last edited by jdmee; January 14, 2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I understand I am in the minority here. Haven't had ANY show of support for my opinion.
                          I am a little surprised as I believe there has to be a number of posters like myself who
                          have experienced bad sprains and know what it is like to play with them and recover from
                          them. Don't know of any doctor that wouldn't recommend ice and rest for a bad sprain.
                          Having played with one I always felt vulnerable to tweaking it and usually DID. You just
                          don't do anything normally and it DOES affect your play and NOT positively. Rest DOES
                          help. Hope he doesn't hurt it again but if it does happen remember what I've said.
                          Warriors have high tolerance for pain and laugh at it. Other people are hobbled by pain and adverisity to their body. I think Baker is a Warrior. If it wasn't his ankle it would probably be something else causing him pain - but it not going to stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                            Last year Derrick Rose was medically cleared to play in March but decided not to play again until the next season. I thought at the time it was a bad decision because an injury can occur at anytime. If the doctors say you won't cause further damage by playing I don't see any reason to remain on the bench, especially when your team needs you. So he waited an extra three or four months before he played his first game then shortly after the season began he injured his other knee. Now he's sitting out the the rest of this season. The bulls had a chance, however slim, to knock off the heat in last years playoffs if Rose would have come back. They might never get that opportunity again.
                            I don't blame Rose for not playing. The Bulls doctors are idiots. They let Omer Asik play on a broken leg and Deng was cleared to play even though he had a stress fracture that kept him out 4 months. Then they almost killed Deng with a spinal tap procedure gone wrong.

I trust our medical team to do the right thing with Baker and they've had a good history of getting back players quick with no setbacks during rehab.

Comment

At this point it's been a full month since he sprained his ankle. He's moving better during games and he's still producing. If you had to guess which player was nursing an injury based off the Missouri State game I don't think Baker would be your first guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X