No announcement yet.

#6 WSU @ Missouri State Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing that SMS has always done well under Lusk is protect the ball.

We're not going to win this with turnovers and fast break buckets.

We have to make shots and guard.

If SMS hits 50% of their threes for the game, just tip your hat.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

• If MSU gets 27 points the second half, they'll make their average ppg.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
        MSU is shooting 65% which will not continue.

Is WSU defense off, are they great shots, luck shots or something all of the above?
        For the first 5 minutes, we played our typical excellent man to man and MSU had no open looks.

For the last 15 minutes, we alternated between a man to man and zone, giving up open looks at will from both. The zone may have been an effort to protect our big men from foul trouble, but it backfired disastrously.

The Bears really did not do anything magical on the offensive end to get those looks. Just crisp ball movement. We are a step or two slower than usual tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
          Marshall better shake them up, and get them to play better defense, they are finding holes and hitting their shots. I don't know if we can recover from being 16 down, maybe if we make a good run at the start of the second half. Crappy shooting night for us, gotta take it inside then.
          You just have to cut it in half on the first 5-6 minutes, then grind them down the final 14... easier said then done. But it can be done.
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
            This game is exactly like last year. We need to snap right now though.
            Not quite. That was a horrible MSU team last year. Only Thurman was really going off on us. This is a different story. We have no rhythm and they have about 6 guys playing out of their ass.

We need to start with a different mind set to play Shocker defense. Only concentrate on D. The offense will come if it comes.

Play angry.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              Welcome to the Valley of 'if our 3s are dropping we win'
              Also the Valley of Super Bowl. MSU isn't going anywhere or doing anything. Put everything into beating WSU. Sell tickets, try to pay your bills at our expense. That's the Valley.

Comment

• We are just gonna have to limit them to one and done and we need to get hot shooting.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Outside shots are not falling-go inside,
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• They average 36% and are shooting 57%. It will catchup.

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                      You got your wish
                      Wrong team..
                      Go Shocks!!

Comment

• Both teams shooting lots of 3's but only 1 team making them. (Well we did make 2 of 10) We could not get it inside much or rebound our many misses. It will take an incredible 20 minutes to pull this out and that means on both sides of the court. So let's do that.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Also the Valley of Super Bowl. MSU isn't going anywhere or doing anything. Put everything into beating WSU. Sell tickets, try to pay your bills at our expense. That's the Valley.
                          I hear you but that just comes with wanting to be the best.

Comment

• I'm not worried yet, but it's getting close.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Why is everyone shooting the ball except Ron and Fred???????????????

We are getting beat on every aspect of the game including time outs.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                                MSU is shooting 65% which will not continue.

Is WSU defense off, are they great shots, luck shots or something all of the above?
                                Our defense is awful, our zone is worse. MSU is flying around getting to everything, and they're making open long jumpers. 8-14 from 3 is beyond out of their collective asses.

Comment

Working...
                                X