Open hizzou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open hizzou

Who is off to the open house at 3pm today?

I'm about to go wake up my daughter and away we go. I bought a basketball last night just in case they were closed today since I knew the book shop is closed. I have a fully signed ball from last year and hope to add one next to it.

I was going to get my wife a 22 to get signed but they didn't have one in her size.

I just want to see what all my money is going to :O

Re: Open hizzou

Originally posted by Rosewood
    Who is off to the open house at 3pm today?

I'm about to go wake up my daughter and away we go. I bought a basketball last night just in case they were closed today since I knew the book shop is closed. I have a fully signed ball from last year and hope to add one next to it.

I was going to get my wife a 22 to get signed but they didn't have one in her size.

I just want to see what all my money is going to :O
    Its really nice. They certainly did it right. I'm not going, however. I've seen the upgrades too many times to count.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I just got back I slipped in with the Koch people.

Everything was just awesome!!

Comment

WSU Open House

There was a huge turnout for the open house today. I expect the players & Coach Marshall all have writing cramp by now after signing thousands of autographs on a team picture. We showed up at 3:05 PM & didn't get out of there until 5:50 PM!

Comment

I was told by some of the marketing staff that they were not expecting that large of a turnout. They were really excited that many people showed up today.

I really appreciated the fact that the players stayed so late because we didn't leave the arena floor until 6:00 p.m. I told Coach Marshall and some of the players that and all of them mentioned how thankful we were there to support them.

Comment

The turnout was AMAZING!! They were wrapped quite a ways around the concourse, and when we got done with the tour and autographs (we were near the front of the line) it was already a little after 4. PJ asked Lance about how many were still on the steps and I told them they were still wrapped partly around the concourse and they both were a little shocked. Wendell mentioned that was great and they both agreed. I wished them and thier sig's luck.

Comment

We got done with the tour portion about 6. Met InWuweTrust, btw.

Comment

They were still signing when I left at 6:45...

Ramon and Phil were having a sharpie fight...
                Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                Students > Alumni
                If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

We got in line at 245 and left at 410. The turnout was really amazing. My wife and I enjoyed all three locker rooms. Since we are a non football school the weight room was really impressive. I spoke to each player while going thru the autograph line. Here some comments and impressions I had.

Coach Marshall, very personable magnetic personality. I have now met him three times and each time I come away impressed with him. little wonder he is a very good recuiter. He sounded much better that sat in the postgame show. he said he would not have missed the sunday deal for anything. he was very impressed with the fan turn out.

Aaron , Told him his play in the game saturday was very good. He thanked me and called me sir. Sort of shy and very polite with all the fans.

PJ, Told pj what was i going to do next year when i had no one to yell couzzz!! to. he laughed and is a very friendly outgoing person. he said he was glad to be a shocker. he was laughing and having a good time the whole time.

Graham, mentioned his sweet stroke and he said it had really been a tough year getting his body back in basketball shape after two years off. said he would be a lot better next year. I think he is planning on coming back at this point.

AJ, told him shocker fans were excited about having him on the team next year. He said he was really anxious to play next year. he was sitting down but seemed bigger in person, not talking about taller.

Ramon, very personable, my wife talked to him about his finger (she is a nurse). he said it still was tender but not giving him too much trouble. said he loved the large turn out.

Lance, another shy player. told him we appreciated him walking on and thought he was really playing well.

Matt, commented we would miss him nest year as a player. he smiled big told us he was hoping to be on the schocker staff in some capacity helping to coach the team. very well spoken and seems to have a plan for after basketball. said he was glad to have been able to make it back. loves being a shocker.

Jt, told him he had the assist of the game last night. he looked at me a sort of laughed, and said "yea but i need to do it more often.

Bret, my wife asked how he was doing and if he was 100% healthey. said he was getting close.

Phil, told him we would miss him next year, another shy player, he sort of shook his head and gave us a really big smile. He has the biggest feet on the team size 18's per our tour guide.

Mantas, my wife asked him about his surgery and his rehabilitation. said the surgery went verygood and to my delight said he planned on being back playing next year. He used the words absolutly and guarenteed when talking about coming back. I hope he is able to do so. convinced us he will.

gal, one thing i noticed was he did a lot of teasing with the younger kids in the autograph line. seemed to be really enjoying himself. When i told him how much we had enjoyed watching him play and we looking forward to seeing him for two more years, he thanked us and gave us a really big smile.

Wendell, was enjoying himself and had one of the biggest smiles (after PJ's) and commented he was looking forward to next year and helping with the incoming freshmen.

sorry about the length of this. In ending, even though WSU fans have been dissappointed with the season, we should be proud of the type of athlete and character of each CGM has to represent the Shocks.

Comment

Those facilities are unbelievable...how could you not be syc'd about that? It's got to be the best on campus facility in the Valley!

Did anyone see the kid sitting behind the South Goal with the BBall letter jacket on? Is he a recruit or just enjoying the show? He just sat in the stands the whole time?

If any recruit witnessed that parade of fans today for a losing team they got to love the potential. Awesome facility, awesome support, tough conference...what's not to love?

Comment

capitol we were also wondering the same thing. he was also behind the bench in saturdays game.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfshuffler
                        capitol we were also wondering the same thing. he was also behind the bench in saturdays game.
                        There was a W on his jacket if that helps any.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
                          That really narrows it down! j/k
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                            Originally posted by shocks02
                            That really narrows it down! j/k
                            well there can't be too many "j wills" that went to a school starting with w

Comment

If it was an orangish letter jacket, I think it was AJ's cousin

Comment

Working...
                              X