No announcement yet.

#8 WSU @ SIU Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't be surprised to see the Shox put a 20-point beatdown on the Redbirds.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• and remember of Barry's personal situation, of which I am sure Coach Marshall was well aware.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
        and remember of Barry's personal situation, of which I am sure Coach Marshall was well aware.
        I also believe that HCGM is a very upstanding guy and knows who the good coaches are. I am sure he wants to see Barry do well there. Plus I agree on the personal situation as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
          I also believe that HCGM is a very upstanding guy and knows who the good coaches are. I am sure he wants to see Barry do well there. Plus I agree on the personal situation as well.
          This picture confirms to me what we are talking about.
          Attached Files

Comment

• I don't think HC3GM called off the dogs nearly as much as our guys just threw on the autopilot and coasted to the finish line. I know that's not popular or as cool as if HC3GM were to call off the dogs, but it's not like it was a 25 point beat down or he went to JR and ZB early.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
              siu played really well, though, just like they did last year in carbondale.
              I think SIU played better this year than they did last year. The Shocks sucked last year but were quite focused, especially on offense, this year. Fred's play guiding this team had a lot to do with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Van Vleet moves his Assist/Turnover ratio to an insane 4.11/1. Hell, his STEAL/TO rate is 1.56/1.

Combined, Van Vleet, Baker and Cotton: 2.94 A/TO and 1.23 STEAL/TO rates. So good, it's scary.

Right now, Van Vleet is the best PG in the league and it's not close at all.

Against mostly similar competition, Fred scores more, has more assists, turns the ball over less, has a better FG%, 3FG% and FT% than Aaron Craft. Aaron has a SLIGHT edge in steals (30-28) rebounds (49-45) but he plays about 2 minutes more per game as well. Craft will get national commentary all season as one of if not the best PG in the country.

It's very possible the best PG in the country is right here.
                It honestly blows my mind that we average just 9.57 turnovers per game. We play at an above-average pace, too- this isn't a Princeton offense type scheme where we hold the ball for 20 seconds before turning on the motor. Our guards, especially FVV, are flat out brilliant at protecting the ball this year.

Many of us remember the Cohen and Thompson days when 15 turnovers was a given, and 20 turnovers happened about every other game. That was so frustrating, but it makes us appreciate what we have today that much more.

Comment

• SIU played well. We ran clock. I think that is apparent given how many possessions where we got easy baskets as the shot clock was near zero.

There was one possession where we looked like the Blue Angels doing tricks.

Baker was running the baseline and there were spinning heads by SIU watching the passes.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• It was apparent the SIU players were clearly motivated by Barry's personal situation. They played their hearts out but just weren't good enough to beat an extremely talented Wichita State team. It's pure speculation on my part but perhaps it was a combination of HCGM's compassion and an awareness on the part of his players. Regardless, hindsight is 20/20 and while at the time I wanted an absolute blowout, I'm thrilled with the win and expect the team to continue to win in the coming weeks. The Shox are just too well coached and prepared and I think last night was a perfect example of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                      RR Shock, I'm pretty sure WSU blew out Creighton on their home floor in front of a record crowd of around 18,000 by over 20 pts about 2 years ago. the score can probably be found on Go Shockers under basketball & then click on stats.
                      Like I said earlier, there has only been one team HCGM has ever wanted to humiliate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                        Like I said earlier, there has only been one team HCGM has ever wanted to humiliate.
                        I bet you can add ISUr to that list.
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Since 1981-82, the conference has averaged 10.3 20-point-plus games per season. That's about one out of nine. I don't have available to me the number of those that occurred on the road, but I suspect it is a small number.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Van Vleet moves his Assist/Turnover ratio to an insane 4.11/1. Hell, his STEAL/TO rate is 1.56/1.

Combined, Van Vleet, Baker and Cotton: 2.94 A/TO and 1.23 STEAL/TO rates. So good, it's scary.

Right now, Van Vleet is the best PG in the league and it's not close at all.

Against mostly similar competition, Fred scores more, has more assists, turns the ball over less, has a better FG%, 3FG% and FT% than Aaron Craft. Aaron has a SLIGHT edge in steals (30-28) rebounds (49-45) but he plays about 2 minutes more per game as well. Craft will get national commentary all season as one of if not the best PG in the country.

It's very possible the best PG in the country is right here.
                            That is one turnover every 25 minutes of game action for the primary ball-handler.

I think he is helped a lot by (A) other guards that can handle the ball and (B) post men that can, generally speaking, catch the ball. Still, that is a crazy number.

Comment

• You have no idea how happy I am to hear the turnover talk.

Personal fouls is not bad either. However, last night was an exception. Twenty-one is way too many.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post

Personal fouls is not bad either. However, last night was an exception. Twenty-one is way too many.
                                But they weren't the stupid kind, moving screens, 70 feet from the basket, missed assignments. Most of them were hustle fouls trying to block shots or generate turn overs. The number is alarming, but not the type.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X