Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State @ SIU - How to watch the game? ESPN3 only.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
    I don't have it, but is should, since whatever you get on the computer or tablet can be cast to the TV with the Chromecast device.
    Just got one. While I haven't been able to hook it up yet the research I have done says you can get it to work on Chromecast but won't have audio. YouTube, Netflix and Google Video all have sound but only because it comes preloaded with those apps. My understanding is you can get your browser on their but no audio.

At least that is how I understand it
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
      Just got one. While I haven't been able to hook it up yet the research I have done says you can get it to work on Chromecast but won't have audio. YouTube, Netflix and Google Video all have sound but only because it comes preloaded with those apps. My understanding is you can get your browser on their but no audio.

At least that is how I understand it
      you arte correct ,, no audio,, I had to listen thu the laptop and watch on the big screen,, gonna have to find an audio jack that will plug into my laptop, and receiver to pipe it into the surround sound ,,,,sigh ,,, but not tonight ,,,,, on the road to south Dakota ,, prolly wont even get it on my tune in radio ,,,dammit
      From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

You both are incorrect. You get the audio in anything you stream to the Chromecast from your Chrome browser. If you do not, you have something configured incorrectly.

I watch movies using the "cast this tab" on my TV all the time. I stream Hulu, sports, etc. Never a problem.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
          You both are incorrect. You get the audio in anything you stream to the Chromecast from your Chrome browser. If you do not, you have something configured incorrectly.

I watch movies using the "cast this tab" on my TV all the time. I stream Hulu, sports, etc. Never a problem.
          get back to me on that if it works for you tonight because I have yet to get espn 3 to stream the audio yet other things no problem
          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

If you have cox you can also watch the game through the watch espn app on iPhone.

Comment

When I open the link - it ask me to identify my internet provider and Centurylink (my provider) is not on the list. Is there another way to watch the game ?

Comment

Likely to be first row seats available.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                  A quick Google search says yes, but you have to copy the url into your browser to cast it.
                  You have to use the Chrome browser, then install the Chromecast extensions for the browser. You'll then be able to cast any tab to the TV.

Comment

Has anyone checked to see if first row seats are available?
                    Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
                      Has anyone checked to see if first row seats are available?
                      It appears front row seats are available.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I'm able to access it via the web browser on my "smart" TV, but it's no HD quality. Does the AppleTV provide HD quality at full screen?

Also, the internet broadcast is like 2 full minutes ahead of the radio broadcast. Anyone know a way to sync them up?

Comment

Apple TV and roku should both give HD. I can confirm for roku

Comment

Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
                            I'm able to access it via the web browser on my "smart" TV, but it's no HD quality. Does the AppleTV provide HD quality at full screen?

Also, the internet broadcast is like 2 full minutes ahead of the radio broadcast. Anyone know a way to sync them up?
                            "confirming" that AppleTV is in HD.

Comment

Originally posted by sdshox View Post
                              "confirming" that AppleTV is in HD.
                              Additional confirm here, although you have to connect with an HDMI cable and have appropriate internet speed. I'm nowhere near the top of UVerse internet speed, and the broadcast is mostly HD though.

Comment

Anyone else's feed acting weird? Ours keeps skipping back a few seconds every now and then.
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X