No announcement yet.

What We Fet In MVC Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was Bradley's average attendance the year of and after they went to the S16?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      What was Bradley's average attendance the year of and after they went to the S16?

Comment

2005-2006 9220
        2006-2007 9728

Bradley had attendance consistently between 9k-9.5k until 2010-2011. They have fallen off about 1k a year since then, ending at 6557 last year. They were my great hope as the team that could rise and produce a sustainable program, and I was a buyer of Geno. Things have not worked out that way, unfortunately.

Comment

Don't give up on Bradley yet, dizzle. They went from seven wins to 18 in one year, and although the improvement seems to have slowed, they're playing in a mediocre league, so who knows -- they may yet exceed 18 by the time this season is over. Not everybody can improve at the speed of the Marshall Plan -- even WSU got better more slowly, although steadily, under Marshall's predecessor.

Besides, it looks as though they may have a hard core of at least 6,000 or so supporters who will show up no matter what, just as we saw during the dark days of the Nineties in Wichita, and that's an important prerequisite for building a program once the right guy is in place. I agree that there's reason for concern about Bradley, but there's also reason for hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
            Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            2005-2006 9220
            2006-2007 9728

Bradley had attendance consistently between 9k-9.5k until 2010-2011. They have fallen off about 1k a year since then, ending at 6557 last year. They were my great hope as the team that could rise and produce a sustainable program, and I was a buyer of Geno. Things have not worked out that way, unfortunately.
            These numbers give me hope, that if they get the ship righted they will have plenty of support to keep it chugging.

Comment

These numbers give me hope, that if they get the ship righted they will have plenty of support to keep it chugging.
              I'm getting concerned that the ship is sailing. Reading around on their board, there is a lot of discontent, not only with the product on the floor, but with upper levels of the AD, and very much in the handling of season ticket packages. Having an older fanbase doesn't leave them long to turn things around and start pulling in new fans again.

Comment

I'm getting concerned that the ship is sailing. Reading around on their board, there is a lot of discontent, not only with the product on the floor, but with upper levels of the AD, and very much in the handling of season ticket packages. Having an older fanbase doesn't leave them long to turn things around and start pulling in new fans again.
                We need a Big 12 patch on our sleeves. Maybe we could rent the Friends football team? At least we'd still be competitive with KU.

Comment

We need a Big 12 patch on our sleeves. Maybe we could rent the Friends football team? At least we'd still be competitive with KU.
                  Brilliant. It might cost more, but if we rented one of the Jayhawk league JuCo teams, we would be better than KU.

Comment

KU would go to the WAC. Just so they wouldn't have to play WSU.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Brilliant. It might cost more, but if we rented one of the Jayhawk league JuCo teams, we would be better than KU.
                      hire Mangino to build a team. In a battle of coaches of larger carriage, WSU might have championship aspirations. Imagine the success a KS football team might have if they can recruit on the coattails of a Final 4 top 10 kind of basketball program.
                      WSU could not only compete nationally but win the state. (no ill-will meant to the class act that is Bill Snyder.)
                      Phi Alpha

Comment

Working...
                      X