What We Fet In MVC Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What We Fet In MVC Games

The MVC is sitting at #11 in conference rpi Not horrible, but not good. WSU (.6701) is about .1 ahead of the closest MVC rpi (Drake - .5789 - #64). By comparison we're 05 from Wisconsin's #1 rpi (.7228).

So, what does the Valley look like without WSU - in other words, the Valley we get games against. Dropping WSU's rpi out of the equation puts the conference average at .4979.

The Valley (not counting WSU) is just below the Horizon League (.5022) and just above the CAA (.4938).

Loyola is at .4094. With the Valley taking Loyola out of the Horizon League, the Horizon League is now better than the Valley (without WSU). If WSU would move to the Horizon League, it would actually be an upgrade in league affiliation.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

First time I've seen the word "Fet" on a sports message board. Good job.

Comment

My mad typing skillz come through again.

Comment

I actually thought "fet" might be a high-dollar word and I was too lazy to look it up. Seriously.

Comment

I think it's a kind of cheese

Comment

If it were a cheese....I would try it.

Comment

I may have set a new record. I hijacked a thread in the Thread Topic.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                I think it's a kind of cheese
                "Feta"

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                  If it were a cheese....I would try it.
                  Honest to God........I think that is the only funny thing that he has ever done.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    My mad typing skillz come through again.
                    I'm still trying to figure it out -- did you mean "get" and just slip next door to the "f" key?

Anyway, nice job of self-hijacking. Not everyone can do that.

Comment

It's supposed to be "Get". I was trying to point out that without WSU, the MVC is now weaker than the Horizon, which also does not have WSU in it.

Not proposing to join the Horizon, just pointing out what the Valley has become.

Comment

From the KSU vs. Long Beach thread, where ABC also used the word "fet". Dictionary.com didn't seem to think it was a word. Weird that two diff people used the same non-word in a post:
                        Originally posted by ABC View Post
                        I tried it get a discussion going on a few other threads on this topic. (I probably should have taken a clue that only a few responded.) But hey, I am bored and this is the internets.

According to Coach Bruce Weber, the Mildcats will stop at Long Beach on the way to Maui next year.

How can the Eco Kat fans spin this? How does this fit the very stringent criteria Kitty Kats have for non-conference road games? How does that fet?

Comment

Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
                          From the KSU vs. Long Beach thread, where ABC also used the word "fet". Dictionary.com didn't seem to think it was a word. Weird that two diff people used the same non-word in a post:
                          I'm going to go out on a limb and say that was purposeful.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                            I'm going to go out on a limb and say that was purposeful.
                            Yeah, good point. I just saw that ABC was the first to respond to this one saying that he'd never heard of "fet" before. Anyway, according to other people who looked it up on m-w.com (because they used it in words with friends), it is short for fetched and has been used in the 1873 Cambridge edition of the KJV Bible and also in Shakespeare's Henry V "whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof". Now you know. Learn something new every day.

Comment

Hey, Chicago, I'm all for learning new stuff -- but "fet?"

Anyway, a fair point about the Horizon, Aargh. Just goes to show the importance of a couple of other Valley teams stepping it up, wherein lies the problem: year in and year out, who are those teams going to be? At this point, there's reason for hope about some, like Indiana State, Bradley, Illinois state, and even Loyola -- but then you look at other aspects of those programs, and there's just about as much reason for concern as hope.
                              Last edited by WSUwatcher; December 24, 2013, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X