Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone think that the introduction music's getting a bit old

and stale?
    I used to get pumped up when I heard the music but now it's eh...
    I was thinking we could use Seal's "Fly like an Eagle" but we're not the Eagles, we're the shockers. I wondered if Winthrop ever used that to introduce their players.

Re: Anyone think that the introduction music's getting a bit

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
    and stale?
    I was thinking we could use Seal's "Fly like an Eagle" but we're not the Eagles, we're the shockers. I wondered if Winthrop ever used that to introduce their players.
    Maybe they will think of that when we take it to the next "level".
    ________
    VAPORIZER WHOLESALE
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Re: Anyone think that the introduction music's getting a bit

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
      and stale?
      Fly like an Eagle? That would probably do the opposite of pumping up our players.....
      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Didn't we have this topic at the beginning of the year? I guess it beats talking about how bad we are...

BTW - Seal??? What, Michael Bolton wasn't available?
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I've said it for a few years now that the intro is very disneyish. Throw in the embarrasing video of a biz jet turning into a fighter and the whole thing seems aimed at somebody about the age of 5. Just my two cents I'm sure everybody will tell me how stupid I am.

Comment

Everything gets old quickly when we're not winning..........

If you're talking about the twighlight zone song as they run in, it's great when the place is packed and noisy but other times, not so much. Every college game you watch they seem to play it now so it could be time to look for somehting else..........

Comment

What happened to the alma mater? I've only been to a handful of games and haven't heard it at all. Is it gone or have I just gotten there too late?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxtop
                What happened to the alma mater? I've only been to a handful of games and haven't heard it at all. Is it gone or have I just gotten there too late?
                I'm pretty sure it has been played at every game (there is one game that I can't swear to). You must just be arriving too late.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Maybe we should switch to "Won't Back Down"

Hey, it worked for the Giants. helped them take down the patriots...
                  Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                  Students > Alumni
                  If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                  The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

it also starts 10 minutes before the game
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

We play it at every men's game when there is about 10 minutes before tipoff.

Comment

The current music is good if our guys feel like being introduced at a gay nightclub. Otherwise, it wouldn't kill someone to throw on that Godsmack song the Navy uses. I suppose that's getting old now too.

Comment

Originally posted by tw805
                          The current music is good if our guys feel like being introduced at a gay nightclub. Otherwise, it wouldn't kill someone to throw on that Godsmack song the Navy uses. I suppose that's getting old now too.
                          Nice!! Good to have you back tw. Check out your pm when you get a chance.

Comment

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YWcoxfXUL6o&feature=related this song would work.

Comment

I like it but it's a bit too slow to pump up the team

Comment

Working...
                              X