WSU vs North Carolina Central

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Let me know when he Diamond membership becomes available. TIA.
    If you have to ask about Diamond-level membership, you are not eligible for Diamond-level membership. I mean, if a Diamond level existed, that is.

Comment

• Paul Suellentrop's Report on the injury situation.

Comment

• Jenn Bate's tweets make it sound like there might be another shoe dropping. There was one saying all HCGM would confirm was the toe implying there might be more.

I found Sully's article (posted at 5:00) a bit more reassuring because it gave a lot of specifics without anything seeming major:

Baker’s sprained left ankle isn’t WSU’s only injury. Backup center Kadeem Coleby is dealing with a sore big toe on his right foot that could keep him out of Sunday’s game against North Carolina Central. Forward Tekele Cotton, who is expected to play, and redshirt Shaq Morris bumped heads during Thursday’s practice.

“We’ve got a lot of guys banged up,” coach Gregg Marshall said. “I don’t think Kadeem is going to practice (Friday). He injured his toe. We had a collision with Shaq and Tekele at the very end of practice, face to face. Darius (Carter) is a little banged up. Everybody’s banged up this time of year.”

Hoping that is the worst of it.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/12/20/318...#storylink=cpy
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Coach Marshall (at the bottom of Sully's report):

“In college basketball today, you better be ready,” Marshall said. “And that’s the biggest thing that I’ve talked to my team about. You’ve got to respect your opponent. You’ve to give everything you’ve got. Anything short of that, you’re setting yourself up for failure, ultimately.”

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
            Here's the deal. I have a score that was exactly correct versus Tenn. of 70-61 and must stick with it until it does us wrong. The Eagles will not be overlooked or underestimated by us. We play games one at a time and take each team seriously. Even so, we will win. In the meanwhile, we must progress as a team and keep improving.

Eagles---61

WSU----70
            I like this, but I think it's time to change it up a bit. I'm moving the 1 and the 0
            Eagles---60

WSU----71
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerMas View Post
              Gregg Marshall: "Kadeem injured his toe in practice. We had a collision with Shaq and Tekele. There's a lot of guys dinged up including Ron"
              He's pretty damn lucky. That kind of collision is usually fatal. How much will it cost to repair the court?
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                He's pretty damn lucky. That kind of collision is usually fatal. How much will it cost to repair the court?
                Not sure how Kadeem injured his big toe (that's the one who went to market for those requiring such detail) on his right foot. Not sure how that injury occurred.

It was Tekele and Shaq who had a head-to-head collision.

Comment

• Fortunately, NCC looks like a team where you may want to go "small" at times anyway so if we have to sit someone for this game then having it be Kadeem may be some consolation.

Hopefully, Ron will be able to give us 25 to 28 good minutes and Tekele will be unfazed by his crash-test-dummy episode with Shaq.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                    The fact Shaq is not in the hospital after a collision with TC is a really good sign for our post play the next four years.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Big toe injuries are the worst. If you have ever had turf toe or a similar issue you know it can be very limiting and take forever to heal.
                      “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                      -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                        Big toe injuries are the worst. If you have ever had turf toe or a similar issue you know it can be very limiting and take forever to heal.
                        I've had tendinitis in my big toe and it was difficult just to walk.

Comment

• I stubbed my toe on the way to the bathroom last night. Still hurts today.

Comment

• Originally posted by HoracePinker View Post
                            ShockRef can you at least tell us which toe it is???? Is it the one that went to market? Is it the one that stayed home? Is it the one who had roast beef? Is it the one that had none? Is it the one who went wee wee wee all the way home? Please Mr. Woodward can you call Deepthroat and get us this crucial info???
                            I was already laughing out loud at all the previous posts, esp rjl's, but this one brought tears to my eyes from laughing so hard! Like DJ06shocker said, this thread add my day (except the injury part...and, yes, I know a toe injury is more serious than "this little piggy", but funny nonetheless)!!!

Like infinity TIMES infinity

Comment

• Originally posted by HoracePinker View Post
                              ShockRef can you at least tell us which toe it is???? Is it the one that went to market? Is it the one that stayed home? Is it the one who had roast beef? Is it the one that had none? Is it the one who went wee wee wee all the way home? Please Mr. Woodward can you call Deepthroat and get us this crucial info???
                              It was Sgt Hulka.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I think we quit practicing and just play the games.
                                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X