No announcement yet.

WSU vs North Carolina Central

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As expected there's some posts that are poking fun at those who dropped some info, albeit incomplete info. If the mocking posts are just good-natured ribbing, I get that. But I know some of the posters here have sources who are very credible. Could the sources have incomplete info? Sure. Could the situation change from the time they received the info? Yep. But these aren't situations where "I have a friend who's sister bumped into a guy who's cousin is the gardener for the parents of the waterboy".

If you are irritated by the little bit of info these folks are willing to share, fine. I get that, too. Ignore it if you don't like it. But for some of us who are grateful for getting it ahead of the curve, even if it's incomplete or even slightly outdated, please lay off the accusations. Even though @rjl:'s post was tongue-in-cheek, there are college fan sites who charge people for access to this type of information and will delete it if it appears on the "free" boards.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

If you are irritated by the little bit of info these folks are willing to share, fine. I get that, too. Ignore it if you don't like it. But for some of us who are grateful for getting it ahead of the curve, even if it's incomplete or even slightly outdated, please lay off the accusations. Even though @rjl:'s post was tongue-in-cheek, there are college fan sites who charge people for access to this type of information and will delete it if it appears on the "free" boards.
      I started it as a reference to douchecanoe at the old BJ Cafe, but then thought that was too dated and ran with it instead.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
        If we have "a lot of guys" banged up maybe our practices are a bit too intense. As far as a toe injury is concerned, it's nothing to scoff at because a lot hinges on the health of your toes. Toes are vital. A jammed toe hurts like hades and usually takes some time to heal. You can't walk well not to mention trying to run on it. Hope it's nothing serious.
        FVV was just quoted saying they haven't played a team that is as tough as their practices. It's a double edge sword, practice gets them ready to handle anything but may end up injuring a player. Also, 3G talks about if you want playing time, you have to prove it in practice, so we've got our players out hustling each other for minutes.
        I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
        If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
          I started it as a reference to douchecanoe at the old BJ Cafe, but then thought that was too dated and ran with it instead.
          I was thinking of the same person while reading it. Matilda!

Comment

• Practices should start to tone down here in the next month as the season progresses along.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by HoracePinker View Post
              \
              huh?
              "Your problem is you" is the advice Ferris's sister Jeanie gets from Charlie Sheen.
              I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Thanks for the toe info.
                Actually my post was more tongue-in-cheek than anything else and I was still typing it while the "making fun of toe stump" posts had already posted.

Comment

I for one knew exactly who you were making fun of. Matty P is a classic and you never get tired of the classics. Its like driving past a car wreck, you don't want to look but you do anyway.

Comment

• Jenn Bates ‏@KWCHJenn 50m

For those on Shockernet that are concerned about injuries, Marshall was not specific at all today. Hadn't seen report from trainer.

Comment

• Gregg Marshall: "Kadeem injured his toe in practice. We had a collision with Shaq and Tekele. There's a lot of guys dinged up including Ron"

Comment

• This thread made my day. Well, other than the injury part.

Also, hypothetically, if Kadunk Coleby stubbed his toe so bad that he has to sit the year out, are we not right at the point where we can still sit him for a redshit and get him back? I mean, Grant Gibbs, people!!!

Comment

• It's difficult to tone down practices when you have guys like Kadeem and Nick competing to get more time on the court. They have to make a statement in practice. This is their last shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerMas View Post
                            Gregg Marshall: "Kadeem injured his toe in practice. We had a collision with Shaq and Tekele. There's a lot of guys dinged up including Ron"
                            Very rarely will anyone win a collision with Tekele.

Comment

• Comment

I know what you are thinking. "If only there was some way I could be in the club. I'd like to get late breaking news when I want it and in a way I want it."

What if I told you that you can?

For only $10 a month, you can become a Shockernet Silver member. Get led on by even more obscure references, innuendo, subtle hints, and hard-cutting analysis about sitting players in foul trouble.

What's that you say? You want more?

What if I told you that, for an additional $10 per month, you can become a Shockernet Gold member?! That's right. For $20 a month, get all the benefits the Silver members get plus exclusive access to our random rumor generator. Orupke's test scores finally arrived from Nigeria? I don't know. Maybe?

Still not satisfied?

Get this. For $10 more a month, you can become a Shockernet Platinum member. What??!! Yeah, you heard me. For $30 a month, you get all of the benefits the Silver and Gold members get, but you also get Shockernet's new Net-Fight Personalizer™. Yep! All Shockernet Platinum members can rise above simple internet fights and have things start getting real! Look out your window. What's that you see? Yeah, that's right. It's Shockernet's very own ShockerFever shitting in your boxwoods.

Act now.
                                Let me know when he Diamond membership becomes available. TIA.

Comment

Working...
                                X