No announcement yet.

WSU vs North Carolina Central

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just my opinion but if you don't at least know which player was injured then the only purpose posting something like this serves is to bring attention to yourself.

Is it so hard to say "my sources tell me X player was injured in practice. Not sure how serious it is right now. Stay tuned."?

Comment

If i had to guess, based on the above posts, i would say DC. However, this is how false rumors get started.
      “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
      -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Maybe it's because @ShockRef: bet his wife that if we cover the spread he gets some each night for a week, but if we fail to cover he does her laundry and cooks for a week?
        I hope Graham likes his cooking.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Misleading Statistics

I looked at the schedule for UNCC and found that they beat J&W-Sharlotte 98-47 (I thought J&W was a cheap scotch)and Barber-Scotia 101-46. I removed these statistics from the StatSheet.com comparisongiven above for several of the more pertinent categories, and it gives a totally different, and I would contend, more realistic picture of the two teams:

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Did you also remove WSU vs. Emporia State?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
              Just my opinion but if you don't at least know which player was injured then the only purpose posting something like this serves is to bring attention to yourself.

Is it so hard to say "my sources tell me X player was injured in practice. Not sure how serious it is right now. Stay tuned."?
              Reveal too much and it might be the last time they get info from their sources.

Comment

Last time that was said, "Baker hurt his ankle" turned into "Baker is out for the year with a fractured foot" and several criticized those who reported what could easily be seen on a photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  Did you also remove WSU vs. Emporia State?
                  No i didn't have time, but that 43 point margin doesn't differ as much. Removing Emp State changes out margin of victory from 16.1 to 13.4; removing the two UNCC blowout games changes the margin of victory from 15.0 to 4.1. I truly believe the point I was making is still the same, but you're very welcome to disprove it if you wish.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    Reveal too much and it might be the last time they get info from their sources.
                    I don't think "my sources tell me player X was injured in practice. Not sure how serious. Stay tuned." is revealing too much. That's about as plain and straightforward as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                      Last time that was said, "Baker hurt his ankle" turned into "Baker is out for the year with a fractured foot" and several criticized those who reported what could easily be seen on a photo.
                      Actually the original post never mentioned his ankle, only his foot. I wonder why people freaked out about that?

Again, all the hubbub could have been avoided by a much simpler statement like "I heard Rob Barker was injured in practice. Not sure how serious. Just a heads up." But I understand some people just want everyone to know that they know more than the rest of us.

Comment

I am friends with a guy who knows someone in the program. The guy he knows gets solid info from someone who is well associated with one of the assistant coaches. The info that I am able to get because of my connections to the program, makes me more important that you unconnected uninformed posters. This info is accurate 60% of the time, every time. Now, what do you want to know?
                        “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                        -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

I just have Shockernet. So yeah.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Actually the original post never mentioned his ankle, only his foot. I wonder why people freaked out about that?

Again, all the hubbub could have been avoided by a much simpler statement like "I heard Rob Barker was injured in practice. Not sure how serious. Just a heads up." But I understand some people just want everyone to know that they know more than the rest of us.
                            We do. And most people know that. (See big smile, tongue in cheek. Don't freak out, but it is true)

But as information becomes available, if someone isn't aware there is news to watch for they may miss it. My post are never to more than say pay attention to impending news.

Hopeful that this news turns out well. Young man has worked way too hard!

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                              I am friends with a guy who knows someone in the program. The guy he knows gets solid info from someone who is well associated with one of the assistant coaches. The info that I am able to get because of my connections to the program, makes me more important that you unconnected uninformed posters. This info is accurate 60% of the time, every time. Now, what do you want to know?
                              Awesome and hilarious! Don't make fun of Shockref too much...he's very important.

Comment

I know what you are thinking. "If only there was some way I could be in the club. I'd like to get late breaking news when I want it and in a way I want it."

What if I told you that you can?

For only $10 a month, you can become a Shockernet Silver member. Get led on by even more obscure references, innuendo, subtle hints, and hard-cutting analysis about sitting players in foul trouble.

What's that you say? You want more?

What if I told you that, for an additional $10 per month, you can become a Shockernet Gold member?! That's right. For $20 a month, get all the benefits the Silver members get plus exclusive access to our random rumor generator. Orupke's test scores finally arrived from Nigeria? I don't know. Maybe?

Still not satisfied?

Get this. For $10 more a month, you can become a Shockernet Platinum member. What??!! Yeah, you heard me. For $30 a month, you get all of the benefits the Silver and Gold members get, but you also get Shockernet's new Net-Fight Personalizer™. Yep! All Shockernet Platinum members can rise above simple internet fights and have things start getting real! Look out your window. What's that you see? Yeah, that's right. It's Shockernet's very own ShockerFever shitting in your boxwoods.

Act now.
                                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X