Need Better coaching management with players with fouls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Better coaching management with players with fouls

8 straight minutes of Ron Baker on the bench in second half with 3 fouls was far too long. HCGM needs to cut the panic in half and thus get double the minutes of a player with 3 or more fouls. Baker could easily have sit for just two minutes and came back in with no problem. This happened with Armstead in Final Four game.

With some of the fouls on Baker I probably would've been too terrified to put him back in too....

Comment

My guess is Ron Baker's ankle was bothering him and coach took the opportunity to rest him until the final push.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I believe HCGM knows what he is doing. I will defer to his judgement as I suspect he had something in mind. I am glad to have him and the entire staff. They help to make writing the annual checks fun!

Go Shocks!!!!
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

This thread rivals the "Will WSU Go Undefeated" threads.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              This thread rivals the "Will WSU Go Undefeated" threads.
              Oh god I hope I don't see a resurgence of that thread........

Comment

Marshall makes 1.4 million or so more bones than I do to make those decisions. No complaint here at the result.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

I say let the coach do his job. He seems to know how to win.

Comment

This was intended for some other coach, right?

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                      My guess is Ron Baker's ankle was bothering him and coach took the opportunity to rest him until the final push.
                      Bingo! Spot on comment and correct.

He has a few days to get better and would hesitate to play him against NCCU, unless absolutely needed.

That is all.
                      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Really? Is this thread for real? Geez.

Comment

Who is this Ron Baker you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                            Bingo! Spot on comment and correct.

He has a few days to get better and would hesitate to play him against NCCU, unless absolutely needed.

That is all.
                            That was my thought as well, but HCGM was still very conservative. For instance, he could have done offense for defense in the first half with very low risk of picking up a third foul. His decisions made this game very close and I think it was due to his confidence in this team's ability to finish and Baker's injury.

If we lose the game in the last two minutes I assume posters would be having this discussion. The merit of the discussion shouldn't be based on a somewhat random result.

Comment

Even if they lose this one, resting Baker is worth it (to me me). One game does not a season make.

In 2003, three or so weeks before getting on a bird bound for southwest Asia I sprained my ankle on a night jump I landed in a gopher colony. I had to hump a mile out of the drop zone back to the bus with a combat load ruck (180 lbs) I am 5'10" and weighed 170 of pretty good muscle. Please ignore my slight pouch I have today :) My ankle swelled to the size of a grapefruit and I could hardly put weight on it. Thanks to a regimen of stay off my feet, rest, ice, compression, elevation, along with a wonder drug of Viiox I recovered before landing at Prince Ali Al Saleem AF. Viiox has since been pulled off market for numerous reasons.

My point is that Ron Baker's ankle needs time to heal so that he can be 100% and everyone of us do not believe winning is worth jeopardizing the long term health of these kids.

Go Shocks!
                              Last edited by DUShock; December 18, 2013, 08:33 AM.
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X