Tad Boyle on WSU and KU playing with each other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tad Boyle on WSU and KU playing with each other

One reporter asked Boyle about his history playing KU both as the head coach for Colorado and an assistant with Wichita State.

“They wouldn’t play us when I was at Wichita State. I won’t get into that,’’ Boyle said, smiling.

BOULDER, Colo. — Colorado used a slick trick — extortion is another term — to get the most bang out of the visit Kansas made in basketball. Students who wanted to attend Saturday’s game were coerce…

Kinda interesting.

Originally posted by ABC View Post
    One reporter asked Boyle about his history playing KU both as the head coach for Colorado and an assistant with Wichita State.

“They wouldn’t play us when I was at Wichita State. I won’t get into that,’’ Boyle said, smiling.

BOULDER, Colo. — Colorado used a slick trick — extortion is another term — to get the most bang out of the visit Kansas made in basketball. Students who wanted to attend Saturday’s game were coerce…

Kinda interesting.
    Doesn't want to jeopardize a possible extension of the series with the hawks with his team; which Self won't commit to either.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Kansas will now quit the Colorado series too.

Comment

I like Tad Boyle

Comment

Tad knows what's up. I'm glad they included that extra nugget in the Topeka newspaper. I mean when the Topeka media continues to hammer this home, you know it's getting pathetic. It also continues to make Self look like a chickenshit.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Tad knows what's up. I'm glad they included that extra nugget in the Topeka newspaper. I mean when the Topeka media continues to hammer this home, you know it's getting pathetic. It also continues to make Self look like a chickenshit.
            Not trying to defend Self here......but he's been told NOT to ever schedule Wichita St. I'm quite sure of that.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
              Not trying to defend Self here......but he's been told NOT to ever schedule Wichita St. I'm quite sure of that.
              Agree. Not playing WSU is practically a condition of employment for any KU basketball coach.

Self would probably play us tomorrow if he could,just to shut everyone the hell up. You can see it in his face every time he gets asked.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                Ok, insert Flagship Zenger in for Self.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Cowards.

Comment

We don't really have anything to gain by playing them. No player in Lawrence worth recruiting. Their presence in our arena won't generate more attendance. I don't really see what the point is. If we win, big whoop. If they got lucky and beat us, we'd never hear the end of it. Why play them?
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      We don't really have anything to gain by playing them. No player in Lawrence worth recruiting. Their presence in our arena won't generate more attendance. I don't really see what the point is. If we win, big whoop. If they got lucky and beat us, we'd never hear the end of it. Why play them?
                      Total distraction for us. Would be like the groom at shotgum wedding.

Comment

Wichita State is master of its own fate and doesn't need any basketball program in the state for validation.
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                          Wichita State is master of its own fate and doesn't need any basketball program in the state for validation.
                          But are we master of our domain?

Comment

Originally posted by AdamCC View Post
                            But are we master of our domain?
                            I'm out Jerry-- on playing chickenhawks I mean

Comment

As for Flagship, Self, and any other Jayhawk jerk, F 'em and feed 'em fish heads. If the stars align and we meet them in the tourney, they can go get advice from Jamie Dixon, Mark Few, and Thad Matta. We are going to be dangerous come March.

Comment

Working...
                              X