No announcement yet.

Offical ORU game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While the 1st half mystery will be dealt with, here are some positives. The Shocks had 8 turnovers and 8 steals. We still have shot a better % from the field than our foes in every game this Season. Our 3 point guards, FVV, Baker, and Cotton hauled down 19 rebounds, made 13 assists, 24 points, 4 steals, and only 1 turnover. These are awesome stats. I also still believe we will be a better shooting team this Season than last.

We outrebounded ORU 46-29 and they only shot 14 throws while we shot 23. Lufile and Coleby combined for 19 points, 2 blocked shots and 12 rebounds while Early and Carter combined for 28 points and 10 rebounds. These totals combined from the 4 and 5 slot must be our best this Season and more towards what we need night in and night out. Even on an off shooting night, Baker still grabs 8 rebounds which led our team, added 4 assists, a steal, and 4-4 on throws with a total of 9 points.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I really think the reason that Carter looked so good last night was the fact that he is facing the basket and taking the ball to the goal rather than playing with his back to the basket and settling for his baby hook that has not started to fall. Don't get me wrong because that hook can be a great asset but its not showing up yet.

Comment

• I might be the only person who was unimpressed by Glover last night. He showed he could hit difficult pull up and fade away 15 footers. When Lufile switched onto him in the second half he showed his entire game is difficult pull up and fade away shots. Thanks for never driving past the slower player and for trying to avoid contact.

Comment

• Carter made at least 2-3 baskets off of moves with his back to the basket.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            Carter made at least 2-3 baskets off of moves with his back to the basket.

Comment

• Went back to last year's whistle, for the most part.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                Carter made at least 2-3 baskets off of moves with his back to the basket.
                Yes, but by the time he made the move and shot he was facing the basket and it wasn't those gawd awful hooks.

Comment

• you mean sometimes people shoot without looking at the basket?

Comment

• when they shoot those hooks their body is sideways, when he shot last night he was squared up. Not that hard to understand.

Comment

• And the baby hook is fine if its 3 or 4 feet from the basket, but we've seen way to many from 7-10 feet away.

Comment

• He posted up 3 times with his back to the basket, rolled to the hole and scored.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          He posted up 3 times with his back to the basket, rolled to the hole and scored.
                          Agreed. Those moves looked strong and confident.

Comment

Went back to last year's whistle, for the most part.
                            Good. That's the way it should be. This isn't the finesse NBA junk game. I hope it stays this way throughout the year. As far as individual officiating goes though, Paul Jansenn sucks big fat donkey balls.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

you mean sometimes people shoot without looking at the basket?
                              I would always close my eyes and just envision it going in. Kind of like Chevy Chase in caddy shack while he was putting. Be the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                                The fake pass by Fred last night reminded me in the causes and effects to our foes as a really cool similar play from many moons ago by Robert George. Robert would be penetrating for a layup, fake a behind the back pass, leave his defender in confused bewilderment, and finish with the easy 2 points. Mr. George did that several times during his tenure here and he was a joy to watch play.
                                Sasha's fake pass would also have to be at the top. I hated it when Little Eddie took that away from him. Sasha's enjoyment of the game wasn't the same after that.

Comment

Working...
                                X