Offical ORU game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
    I might be the only person who was unimpressed by Glover last night. He showed he could hit difficult pull up and fade away 15 footers. When Lufile switched onto him in the second half he showed his entire game is difficult pull up and fade away shots. Thanks for never driving past the slower player and for trying to avoid contact.
    Maybe.

I was impressed with him. He has a very nice soft shot with a lot of forgiveness in it. Best of all, they were going in the hole.

He played 40 minutes last night.

With about 2+ minutes to go in the game, there was a break in the action. The ORU players were standing near center court. Glover was bent over and tugging down on his shorts. He was a very tired Eagle.

It is no secret that fatigue causes diminished play. In the last 5+ minutes of the game, he was just playing catch and pass. He had given up on his aggressiveness to the basket.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
      yet another good oru team. why in the world were they not invited into the valley?
      Because this is the Illinois Valley Conference.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

yet another good oru team. why in the world were they not invited into the valley?
        I think the finances at ORU are a bit precarious. For example, their endowment is smaller than that of Friends University. (less than $40 million)

For long term stability, Loyola was a better choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
          I think the finances at ORU are a bit precarious. For example, their endowment is smaller than that of Friends University. (less than $40 million)

For long term stability, Loyola was a better choice.
          They left the Summit for the Southland conference thinking travels costs would be less. The Southland then expanded to 14 teams and the savings was no longer there and they're going back to the Summit next year. They appear to be pretty much maxed out on expenditures.

Comment

Working...
          X