Wichita State Shockers All Time Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    I don't have a freshman record list, but looking at the overall single-season records, it looks to me like he has it (he is currently tied for 10th most in a season overall). He also currently has the 2nd highest 3fg% of any freshman in WSU history (to Rob Kampman who took 81 less attempts than Landry has so far).
    Is it too early to start planning the jersey retirement ceremony??

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
      I don't have a freshman record list, but looking at the overall single-season records, it looks to me like he has it (he is currently tied for 10th most in a season overall). He also currently has the 2nd highest 3fg% of any freshman in WSU history (to Rob Kampman who took 81 less attempts than Landry has so far).
      If Reaves holds his % and makes 3 more 3 pointers, he will qualify as all time leader as only 30 made goals are required. If he holds his %, he already qualifies for #1 freshman as the requirement is 40 attempts.

Also, if Shamet makes 6 more 3s, he will be 4th all time in made 3s.

Edit: Yes, these are for season records.
      Last edited by ShockTalk; March 2, 2017, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        If Reaves holds his % and makes 3 more 3 pointers, he will qualify as all time leader as only 30 made goals are required. If he holds his %, he already qualifies for #1 freshman as the requirement is 40 attempts.

Also, if Shamet makes 6 more 3s, he will be 4th all time in made 3s.
        That's 4th all time for a season? Wow, what a year.

Comment

Referring to my post #34 here 4 weeks ago, Shaq has already gotten his needed blocks this season to be #10, by himself, on the all time blocks list.

20 more blocks by the end of his career will put him 3rd all time career.

Comment

If Shamet averages 62 made 3s over 4 years, he will tie Randy Burns for career total 3s. Of course, him being here 4 years may be the trick. Otherwise, he needs 83 per year for 3 years to become #1.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
              Had to breakout the record books for this one. Conner has been unbelieveable so far in terms of not turning the ball over in the black and yellow. Just how good you ask?

*He probably needs something like 200 assists in his career to qualify

Career Assist/Turnover Ratio
              Conner Frankamp - 4.47 (2015-Present) (85 A/19 TO)
              Fred Van Vleet - 3.08 (2012-2016) (637 A/207 TO)
              Randy Smithson - 2.36 (1979-1981) (319 A/135 TO)
              Terry Hankton - 2.19 (1996-1998) (223 A/102 TO)
              Joe Griffin - 2.16 (1987-1991) (315 A/146 TO)
              Joe Ragland - 2.03 (2010-2012) (209 A/103 TO)

And don't forget Mr. Shamet...

Landry Shamet - 3.38 (2015-Present) (71 A/21 TO)
              An update for this.

Conner Frankamp - 4.28 (2015-Present) (124 A/29 TO)
              Landry Shamet - 2.98 (2015-Present) (122 A/41 TO)

Conner is well on his way to taking this record from Fred after next season.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                An update for this.

Conner Frankamp - 4.28 (2015-Present) (124 A/29 TO)
                Landry Shamet - 2.98 (2015-Present) (122 A/41 TO)

Conner is well on his way to taking this record from Fred after next season.
                He will need 150 assists to qualify and that will be no problem.

Comment

Can we get a post-season update on the records list?
                  Last edited by SlyShock; September 3, 2017, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Bump ^^

Comment

Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                      Can we get a post-season update on the records list?
                      Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                      Bump ^^
                      As I mentioned before, the annual Fact Book now contains even more categories than what we were putting on here. We shouldn't have much longer to wait before it's out with the annual stat updates.

Comment

As I mentioned before, the annual Fact Book now contains even more categories than what we were putting on here. We shouldn't have much longer to wait before it's out with the annual stat updates.
                        Okay! Thank you

Comment

Comment

And that's exactly how the antishock would roll. He obtains unbelievably compelling numbers so that at the end of the season -- when the Nasty Champy is on the line -- his number will be called.

Beware!! The end is nigh!!! The ... end ... is ... nigh!
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

It's 150 assists.
                              I believe Shaq just moved into the #2 spot all time in blocks. Soon he'll join the 1000 point club as well and he's on pace to end up with the 3rd best all time shooting %. Strong.

Revisiting some of Conner's stats....170-36 A/TO or 4.72.1 ratio. He still has more steals (49) than turnovers (36) all time, and I'd bet a lot of money that he'll join Fred VanVleet (225 to 207) as the only other member of that club in Shocker history unless there's walk on something with 1 and 0.

Odd stats to me...Shaq has more blocks (133) than turnovers (125) but Conner has nearly half as many blocks (17) as turnovers (36). Small sample size for sure, but given minutes played, still pretty amazing especially given the responsibility and perceived strengths.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                                Stickboy46 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Wonder how many of Shaq's 125 turnovers are "I'm too big so it's an offensive foul" TO's ...

Thanks for putting this here on this thread WuDrWu. I had put some earlier info on this on Shaq's own thread, so I'll paste those here as well for more information.

From around 2 weeks ago:
                              SM only needs 7 more blocks to pass Robert Elmore for #2 all-time career blocks. If he can continue at the current pace, he will finish in the Top 10 for blocks per game for a season.

PS: If he passes Elmore, that's as far as he will go. He'll need 76 more blocks to catch Carr!!

I looked deeper into all this and found that "sometimes" certain stats were not kept or not found in certain years. Yes, some stats were not kept at all pre-80s, but also some are hit and miss.
                              Such is the case with 1975-76, Elmore's junior year. WSU apparently doesn't have minutes played or blocked shots for that year for any player. So, unofficially, Robert is probably #2 on the list close to Carr's totals. He had 56 blocks the previous year and 69 blocks the year after 75-76, so his totals are probably closer to 195. I don't feel this should diminish what Shaq has done and WSU would list him #2 if he passes Elmore's 132 blocks.
                              Regarding Elmore's minutes played, he averaged 31.5 mpg his sophomore year and 35.8 his senior year, just a little over 20 mpg.
                              :friendly_wink:
                              Does anyone remember why Robert only played 2 games his freshman year. He averaged 8.5 points, had 14 rebounds, and 7 blocks in those 2 games. Injury??

Comment

• WuDrWu
                                WuDrWu commented
                                Editing a comment
                                That's great info thanks! To be honest, I was struggling bigly with Elmore's total, thinking it seemed way low. Dude was a beast inside.
                            Working...
                            X