No announcement yet.

Wichita State Shockers All Time Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for doing this. I hadn't updated, but I have found that the WSU Men's Fact Book for 2015-16 has a lot more info of individual stats than in the past (see Section 12).

They do not update this info but once a year, but there is a lot of great stuff in this book.

Comment

Had to breakout the record books for this one. Conner has been unbelieveable so far in terms of not turning the ball over in the black and yellow. Just how good you ask?

*He probably needs something like 200 assists in his career to qualify

Career Assist/Turnover Ratio
      Conner Frankamp - 4.47 (2015-Present) (85 A/19 TO)
      Fred Van Vleet - 3.08 (2012-2016) (637 A/207 TO)
      Randy Smithson - 2.36 (1979-1981) (319 A/135 TO)
      Terry Hankton - 2.19 (1996-1998) (223 A/102 TO)
      Joe Griffin - 2.16 (1987-1991) (315 A/146 TO)
      Joe Ragland - 2.03 (2010-2012) (209 A/103 TO)

And don't forget Mr. Shamet...

Landry Shamet - 3.38 (2015-Present) (71 A/21 TO)

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        Had to breakout the record books for this one. Conner has been unbelieveable so far in terms of not turning the ball over in the black and yellow. Just how good you ask?

It's 150 assists.

Comment

I'll also add this about Shaq Morris. I remember someone mentioning we didn't have a real rim protector and Doc said something about Shaq will end at least top 10 all time for the Shocks, he may have said higher. For the record, we have had only ONE true rim protector and that is AC. He had 209 blocks while #2 Robert Elmore had 132 for his career.

To start the season, Shaq was tied at 61 with Ozell Jones who only played 2 years, 1 behind Cliff Levingston, and 2 behind Early among others.

Current, Shaq is at 81 and tied with Carl Hall. If he gets 7 more blocks this season, he'll tie Jamar Howard for 10th place.

If Shaq then gets just 22 blocks next year, he'll pass Claudius Johnson for 3rd place. It may be unlikely, but if he gets 52 blocks between now and the end of his career, he would move into 2nd all time passing Elmore.

Comment

duplicate post
            Last edited by WSUwatcher; January 28, 2017, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Well, ST, if Shaq stays healthy and out of foul trouble, he could certainly get those 52 blocks by the end of next year, because I expect WSU to play a lot of games these next two seasons, especially in 2017-18 -- I believe at least one deep NCAA run is quite likely. He's also starting to play more minutes, which means more block opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

I love that Fred leads the group despite having twice as many assists as the other guys. To get that many assists, you have to be making difficult and dangerous passes that are more prone to turnovers.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                  I love that Fred leads the group despite having twice as many assists as the other guys. To get that many assists, you have to be making difficult and dangerous passes that are more prone to turnovers.
                  Is there a stat that shows the percentage of passes to a teammate that actually ends up as an assist? I know last year our shooting wasn't like it is this year. If it was, Fred would have had a lot more assists.

Comment

Folks, take a look at the all time team statistics. This year's team is historically amazing.

They are going to set more than 1 new record, and be in the top 10 (most of the time top 5) in the vast majority of statistical categories.

Just a quick glance........

They are likely to set the record for most points in a season, largest margin of victory, every subsequent 3FG extends the new record & they'll finish at least top 9 in steals, assists, blocks and higher than that in PPG, DPPG, FG (total), FG%D, FT%, FT, 3FG%, rebounds and rebounding margin.

This is one of the very best teams in the history of the program.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Folks, take a look at the all time team statistics. This year's team is historically amazing.

They are going to set more than 1 new record, and be in the top 10 (most of the time top 5) in the vast majority of statistical categories.

Just a quick glance........

They are likely to set the record for most points in a season, largest margin of victory, every subsequent 3FG extends the new record & they'll finish at least top 9 in steals, assists, blocks and higher than that in PPG, DPPG, FG (total), FG%D, FT%, FT, 3FG%, rebounds and rebounding margin.

I predict that next years team will be another such team.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Unfortunately, this year's SOS may be the weakest in the history of the program:sorrow:
                        Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post
                          Unfortunately, this year's SOS may be the weakest in the history of the program:sorrow:
                          Lol, ever heard of Athletes First?
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Does anybody know if Shamet has broken the Freshman record for threes in a season yet? I know he was close

Comment

Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                              Does anybody know if Shamet has broken the Freshman record for threes in a season yet? I know he was close
                              I don't have a freshman record list, but looking at the overall single-season records, it looks to me like he has it (he is currently tied for 10th most in a season overall). He also currently has the 2nd highest 3fg% of any freshman in WSU history (to Rob Kampman who took 81 less attempts than Landry has so far).
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                                I believe @The Mad Hatter: is correct. Landry has made 64 treys so far this year breaking the previous freshman record of 59 held by Chad Elstun.

Comment

Working...
                                X