Tekele "The Clamp" Cotton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tekele "The Clamp" Cotton

Tekele needs more love for his efforts last night. He's the unsung hero on our team and never gets the recognition he deserves. At halftime, I said, "watch us shut down Carlino 2nd half, coach is going to put Cotton on him". His defense was a difference maker last night.

There should be a national award or defensive players in his name after he graduates. Someone needs to compile his career stats on shutting down other players.

The Tekele Cotton Clamp Down Award...

He is also the ultimate dagger player. Whether it is a block, steal, rebound, assist, or clutch basket he ALWAYS steps up in the big games. Last night it was his drive and dish to Coleby late in the game that helped keep some space between us and BYU until Fred and Ron showed up with the hammers and nails to bury the corpse...

The Tekele Cotton Dagger Award
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Is clamp enough? I'm thinking more like

or

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Not only Tekele's defense, but go back and watch how many offensive boards he either gets by himself or keeps alive to teammates. He's 6'3 and outbattling guys who are 6'9. Not only that, but Tekele hit some big shots when we were down early to get us going. Dude is a warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Rico View Post
          Not only Tekele's defense, but go back and watch how many offensive boards he either gets by himself or keeps alive to teammates. He's 6'3 and outbattling guys who are 6'9. Not only that, but Tekele hit some big shots when we were down early to get us going. Dude is a warrior.
          Those are the daggers I speak of... hence the Dagger Award...

Comment

No offense intended AT ALL to Cle's effort Monday and Tuesday, but I felt like his performance was a little quiet, 15-7 & 12-6 I think, which honestly is more a barometer on how darned good that kid really is than it is an indictment on his play.

I thought Tekele should have been named to the All Tourney team. Baker finished both games and was the obvious MVP. I figured it would be Carlino and Hawes, Baker, Cotton and either FVV or token Texas guy. It was token Longhorn who was TERRIBLE getting up and down the court imho.

Comment

Tekele's not a clamp. He's a vacuum bag. He envelopes his opponent, draws the air out of his game, and exerts over a ton of relentless, even clamping pressure per square foot. (at sea level, of course)
              Last edited by ROOT ANGRY!; November 27, 2013, 09:59 AM.
              Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                No offense intended AT ALL to Cle's effort Monday and Tuesday
                Cle's effort Tuesday was terrible. Not sure how he only ended up with 4 turnovers. He needed to pull his head out and quit barking at the refs.

Comment

that terrible effort must be why marshall limited him to 35 minutes
                  Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                    Is clamp enough? I'm thinking more like

Or maybe this one. It even has the black and yellow.

Comment

“@EnthusiAdams: Tyler Haws struggling because he doesn't often see defenders like Takele Cotton.”
                      I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

NOT All-Valley of Even Defensive Team.

Comment

Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
                          Tekele's not a clamp. He's a vacuum bag. He envelopes his opponent, draws the air out of his game, and exerts over a ton of relentless, even clamping pressure per square foot. (at sea level, of course)
                          Brookside? Hey, neighbor.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            NOT All-Valley of Even Defensive Team.
                            The All Valley Defensive team doesn't belong in the same gym with Tekele...

Comment

Some quickly put together analysis of "Da Clamp" Tuesday night:

First half - TC guarding Haws: While TC in game. Haws was 0-3 fg, 0-0 ft;
                              when TC not on floor, 0-1 fg and 4-4 FT.
                              Second Half (TC not guarding Haws): Haws was 3-11 fg and 7-7 FT.

First half - TC not guarding Carlino: 7-11 fga 4-5 FT
                              Second Half - TC guarding - while in game: 0-5 fga 0-0 FT
                              TC not in game: 0-3 fga 3-4 FT

This looks like he completely shut out his man their high scorer), while scoring 7, grabbing 6 boards, giving 3 assists and zero turnovers.

That's not worthy of All-tourney team?
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                              X