Rate Our Coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate Our Coaches

I thought it would be interesting to get the pulse of the Shocker Nation in the respect to the coachings staff. Give a rating of the following traits (10 being the highest and best, 5 being average and 0 being worst). Please give a rating on the effectiveness of the staff based on the players, facilities and pieces in place (ie.. not based on what you think they should have). I will start...

Face of the program (How do the coaches represent the program to outsiders) - 5
    Pre-game Preperation - 7
    In game X's and O's - 5
    Effectiveness of Offense - 4
    Effectiveness of Defense 6
    Player Development - 6
    Recruiting - 8
    Team Disclipline (Missouri anyone?) - 7.5
    Motivating Players - 5.5
    Potential for Program - 7

Overall Performance - 6 (not an average)
    Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
      Pass.
      Ditto

Comment

Recruiting - 8
        How can this be an 8 when none have played one game of D-1 yet?
        Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
          Recruiting - 8
          How can this be an 8 when none have played one game of D-1 yet?
          I will respond to that by asking you this - How did Bama get the #1 recruiting class in football for next year? None of them have played a game yet either. I base my figure on media, recruiting sites and information obtained on Shockernet. I think HCGM did an outstanding job of getting 4 players, more with individuals not here yet or red-shirting, in the early signing period.

While we will know the true answer of this recruiting class in 2-3 years, I am just using the best available information.

Comment

I don't know how you rate recruiting until you see at least how one of his recruiting classes pans out.

Everybody is hopeful that next year class is as good as were being told - but no coach really comes out and say's sorry I missed.

Maybe it's just last night disappointment, but if I were to give ratings they would be much, much lower - but I'll pass.

Comment

SUNFLOWER GUY?
              "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
              CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                I don't know how you rate recruiting until you see at least how one of his recruiting classes pans out.

Everybody is hopeful that next year class is as good as were being told - but no coach really comes out and say's sorry I missed.

Maybe it's just last night disappointment, but if I were to give ratings they would be much, much lower - but I'll pass.
                But this is an opinion thread. Recruiting sites and ESPN make representations on recruiting, why not us? Based on information available, it appears that several of our recruits are doing really well in JUCO, the KC area, Houston and Dallas. I think this shows a lot of promise. After HCGM was working for 6 months he put together an impressive group. One or two of them may end up a GODSHAWGOD type player but one or two may also end up a Nate Funk type player. I'll bet on the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth007

But this is an opinion thread. Recruiting sites and ESPN make representations on recruiting, why not us? Based on information available, it appears that several of our recruits are doing really well in JUCO, the KC area, Houston and Dallas. I think this shows a lot of promise. After HCGM was working for 6 months he put together an impressive group. One or two of them may end up a GODSHAWGOD type player but one or two may also end up a Nate Funk type player. I'll bet on the latter.
                  IMO
                  this recruiting class will be better than
                  any of turgeons recruiting classes. so there.
                  coach hater.
                  "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                  CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

The difference is those people you reference make their livelyhood off of that. Most people who give their opinions here....well that's why they are giving their opinions here instead of making money of it.

If you want to post some links of third-party professional evaluations to support your opinion of why HCGM class of '08-09 is so good, please do. I would really appreciate the reading.

To make it clear, I do have high expectations for HCGM first recruiting class, but until you see them on the court I don't know how you rate them (at least in a thoughtfull manner that actually means something).

Comment

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
                      coach hater.
                      When you make statements like this, please don't complain when others criticize you.

Comment

While we will know the true answer of this recruiting class in 2-3 years, I am just using the best available information.
                        We are not in a postition to wait 2 to 3 years.

If thats the case well..........

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                          coach hater.
                          When you make statements like this, please don't complain when others criticize you.
                          Great....and this was the guy who sat with the Stutz family last game? :-x

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound
                            Originally posted by RoyalShock
                            coach hater.
                            Great....and this was the guy who sat with the Stutz family last game? :-x
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

IMO
                              this recruiting class will be better than
                              any of turgeons recruiting classes. so there.
                              coach hater.

Okay. So I'm not the brightest bulb out here in Shocker Nation. But is Rip calling the others a "coach hater" or is he signing himself off as one?

Comment

Working...
                              X