X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock
    Originally posted by Smooth007
    I don't know how you rate recruiting until you see at least how one of his recruiting classes pans out.

Everybody is hopeful that next year class is as good as were being told - but no coach really comes out and say's sorry I missed.

Maybe it's just last night disappointment, but if I were to give ratings they would be much, much lower - but I'll pass.
    But this is an opinion thread. Recruiting sites and ESPN make representations on recruiting, why not us? Based on information available, it appears that several of our recruits are doing really well in JUCO, the KC area, Houston and Dallas. I think this shows a lot of promise. After HCGM was working for 6 months he put together an impressive group. One or two of them may end up a GODSHAWGOD type player but one or two may also end up a Nate Funk type player. I'll bet on the latter.
    The difference is those people you reference make their livelyhood off of that. Most people who give their opinions here....well that's why they are giving their opinions here instead of making money of it.

If you want to post some links of third-party professional evaluations to support your opinion of why HCGM class of '08-09 is so good, please do. I would really appreciate the reading.

To make it clear, I do have high expectations for HCGM first recruiting class, but until you see them on the court I don't know how you rate them (at least in a thoughtfull manner that actually means something).
    Exactly, you made my point for me. I never have seen any of the players play but recruiting sites, coaches and the media have mentioned these players as good "gets." Each of these freshman are rated as 2- 3* or above. We have a JUCO pass first PG by all accounts who shoots over 45% from the 3 point arc. These definately seem like good recruits for WSU to get, in a short period of time, that will help WSU succeed. While not a sure-proof way to analyze, it is better than an evaluation by a fan who probably has never seen them play.

Garrett - http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...2463%26fhn%3d1

Toure - http://wichitastate.scout.com/a.z?s=...=1&nid=3276218

David - http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/barrie...tid=&mid=&rid=

PS - Maybe the confusion is that you think I am trying to rate each recruit when in fact I am rating the coaches for their ability to recruit the best available players.
    Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

I hope that for the good of everyone on this board the great white hope / hype from Kansas City can walk on water next year.

With the expectations that you all have put on him in anticipation of his arrival on Campus he better be able to.
      Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
        I don't know how you rate recruiting until you see at least how one of his recruiting classes pans out.

Everybody is hopeful that next year class is as good as were being told - but no coach really comes out and say's sorry I missed.

Maybe it's just last night disappointment, but if I were to give ratings they would be much, much lower - but I'll pass.
        But this is an opinion thread. Recruiting sites and ESPN make representations on recruiting, why not us? Based on information available, it appears that several of our recruits are doing really well in JUCO, the KC area, Houston and Dallas. I think this shows a lot of promise. After HCGM was working for 6 months he put together an impressive group. One or two of them may end up a GODSHAWGOD type player but one or two may also end up a Nate Funk type player. I'll bet on the latter.
        IMO
        this recruiting class will be better than
        any of turgeons recruiting classes. so there.
        coach hater.
        I am confused? Who are you calling a coach hater? Are you referring to me? If so, I find it ironic? I started this thread to have our fans evaluate the coach. Nothing I have written was fact, only opinion, but it generally was very positive. I understand the timing of this thread to be perceived as bad, but this was a lobbed "softball" question. Slow-pitch no doubt. At no time has anyone yet responded with an huge "he can do-it."

Maybe I don't have the "post credibility" to start a thread but it seems to me our fans are developing a little man complex. I support WSU, the coach and atheletes as a very proud graduate and family season ticket holder since the 1960's. I just find it unfortunate that our fans will let a few bad losses help lose sight of the promising future. While our coach has not been perfect, he is learning just like MT did his first few years.

Note: Entire post not intended towards RIPEMUPSHOX.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
          While we will know the true answer of this recruiting class in 2-3 years, I am just using the best available information.
          We are not in a postition to wait 2 to 3 years.

If thats the case well..........
          I didn't really mean it in the sense that they won't contribute or start for 2-3 years just that we will know their true abilities and see if they can get the job done (NCAA's or beyond).

Comment

Coach can and will do it!

!

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
              Originally posted by RipEmUpShox

IMO
              this recruiting class will be better than
              any of turgeons recruiting classes. so there.
              coach hater.

Okay. So I'm not the brightest bulb out here in Shocker Nation. But is Rip calling the others a "coach hater" or is he signing himself off as one?
              LOL.

It's funny to watch, isn't it?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Silly thread ! Ask again in 5 years! :posterwu: 8)
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                X