No announcement yet.

Why are we making fun of our own fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are we making fun of our own fans?

I thought the "What not to wear" and "Crazy hair" were...not cool. Both singled out senior citizens and made fun of them for the whole arena to see. Why are they doing this? I know it's supposed to be in good fun, but an elderly couple in wheel chairs? Not sure they realized what was happening, but the crazy hair lady clearly wasn't happy. Disappointing.

edit: Perhaps I should have worded this better. I don't think either concept is uncool, clever ideas especially the What not to wear. Just complaining about poor execution by picking on senior citizens/elderly.
    Last edited by BioShock; November 10, 2013, 06:04 PM.

Wait, you're disappointed that we were pointing out people who were not wearing WSU colors and were wearing some other school colors to a WSU basketball game? I think that is all fair game right there.

As for the craziest hair thing, I don't think saying somebody has crazy hair is that insulting. I guess maybe to a female senior citizen it could be construed as "mean", but that was the loudest the arena was all night, so there sure wasn't an outcry from fans in the arena when it happened, about the complete opposite happened.

Sure beats the lameass dance cam and the Specs towel crawl.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

What not to wear is a great idea, I just hope they focus more on the KU and K-State wearing tools in the future, you can always find them somewhere around the arena.

Comment

You really are just an a$$. I find it unbelievable there are people with just a mean, uncaring spirit. Especially a supposed Shocker fan. It's disgusting. That "lady" had more than likely had her hair done earlier that day, and ends up being the butt of the joke that you find so amusing. Your family must be so proud.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Wait, you're disappointed that we were pointing out people who were not wearing WSU colors and were wearing some other school colors to a WSU basketball game? I think that is all fair game right there.

As for the craziest hair thing, I don't think saying somebody has crazy hair is that insulting. I guess maybe to a female senior citizen it could be construed as "mean", but that was the loudest the arena was all night, so there sure wasn't an outcry from fans in the arena when it happened, about the complete opposite happened.

No I'm disappointed they would point out an elderly couple in wheel chairs (who didn't appear to be wearing the other team's colors) for not wearing our colors. Putting them up on the video screen for 10,500 people to see and blasting them for not wearing the right thing is classless. They supported the team by paying for tickets and making the effort to show up in wheel chairs, so we make fun them because they didn't wear our colors? Yeah...that's disappointing.

edit: and if pointing out some lady's hair was really the loudest the arena was all night (which I seriously doubt), then that's even more disappointing.
          Last edited by BioShock; November 10, 2013, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
            You really are just an a$$. I find it unbelievable there are people with just a mean, uncaring spirit. Especially a supposed Shocker fan. It's disgusting. That "lady" had more than likely had her hair done earlier that day, and ends up being the butt of the joke that you find so amusing. Your family must be so proud.
            Stop being a meanie and calling me an ass every second.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It must suck to have to live it every minute of every day.

Comment

:cry:

You're just mad/sad because you got owned in something you thought you were so sure about and now are reaping what you sow. Unfortunately, you can't handle it and are now melting down before us. Next time, think about what you proclaim unless you know you are correct or are prepared to get fed back to you if you're wrong. You have failed at both.

Suck it up, Nancy.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I have been friends with the "crazy hair lady" since I was in high school (in the 70's) and she has always worn her hair like that. She is a very nice lady that would do anything for anyone.

I have to admit that I laughed out loud when that promotion came up on Shockervision. I haven't spoken to my friend so I don't know how she felt about it. My personal opinion is that it was not well thought out by the marketing department and shouldn't have been done.

Have any of you guys had that dream where you are standing naked in front of the class ??? I'm sure she had a similar feeling. Humiliating someone in front of 10,000+ fans is not cool.

Comment

The concept is not bad, but it was poorly thought out, and humiliating our own supporters is classless AND stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                      Humiliating someone in front of 10,000+ fans is not cool.
                      Exactly

Comment

I like the "what not to wear" segment but thought the hair things was a bit insensitive. What if they happen to accidentally pick on a burn victim whose hair can't grow normally? I do love what the Athletic Department is doing with crowd involvement' "Don't leave early", etc.
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by BioShock View Post
                          I thought the "What not to wear" and "Crazy hair" were...not cool. Both singled out senior citizens and made fun of them for the whole arena to see. Why are they doing this? I know it's supposed to be in good fun, but an elderly couple in wheel chairs? Not sure they realized what was happening, but the crazy hair lady clearly wasn't happy. Disappointing.

edit: Perhaps I should have worded this better. I don't think either concept is uncool, clever ideas especially the What not to wear. Just complaining about poor execution by picking on senior citizens/elderly.
                          Why does it matter whether or not the people on the camera were senior citizens? Are they immune from being the butt end of a joke just because they are older? There were other older people on the screen that were not in wheelchairs. Plenty of small children were on the screen too.

In regards to the couple in wheelchairs, I think they probably could have been passed over in light of their conditions, but I dont think the intent of the camera people was to single out people with disabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            But you haven't even seen Kung dance yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                              But you haven't even seen Kung dance yet.
                              I have and it looks like Eileen on the Seinfeld segment where she dances at a party. SAD

Comment

Working...
                              X