The Gregg Marshall Show - 11/4/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gregg Marshall Show - 11/4/2013

Mike said they're looking into the sound problem.

Mike now has a twitter account: @Shockerv:oice. You can now ask your question via twitter.

Jerry's the first caller. Where's Ron and Dennis?????
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Marshall says: "We don't get a lot of one and done players, and we don't anticipate getting them soon."
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
        Trying to figure out the phone number to Twitter.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          I believe Dennis was having a pre-show rundown of his jokes for 3G.

I wonder who Dennis is around here? Based on the flat-billed hat thread, I'm going to guess pogo is actually Dennis.

Comment

Marshall said they were definitely going to redshirt one player and maybe two. He obviously did not name names but I thought it interesting on the depth chart at the 5 spot. He said KC, then CJ and then DC could fill in some minutes. I still think that Shaq barring an injury is most likely going to red shirt. In a perfect world I think Holland would red shirt as well but that was before the DJ issue. He also did not talk about Holland in the PG rotation so who really knows I guess. Anyone else have any thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by The Cat View Post
              Marshall said they were definitely going to redshirt one player and maybe two. He obviously did not name names but I thought it interesting on the depth chart at the 5 spot. He said KC, then CJ and then DC could fill in some minutes. I still think that Shaq barring an injury is most likely going to red shirt. In a perfect world I think Holland would red shirt as well but that was before the DJ issue. He also did not talk about Holland in the PG rotation so who really knows I guess. Anyone else have any thoughts.
              During the game Saturday Mike Kennedy said that Holland's natural position was the SG position. I think Marshall would like to play him at PG and SG.

Comment

One of the callers asked about Derail Green. Coach Marshall said Green would be more of a 4, but can play the 3 or 4 position.

Comment

i'm hoping that nobody gets redshirted.

Comment

I think shaquille redshirting is almost a certainty and come next year we will all be ecstatic to have him for four more years. If coach is thinking about a second rr I can't think it could be anyone but Ryan.

Comment

I hope that

a) Shaq redshirts, and
                      b) that he comes to realize that if he does so he could be an All MVC or even more down the road and doesn't get frustrated and transfer.

He is HUGE and has game. He'd be a sophomore with massive playing time while FVV, Baker and Wessel are seniors dishing him the ball. His stats could be ginormous. Who knows what awesome sauce could happen two years after that?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                        One of the callers asked about Derail Green. Coach Marshall said Green would be more of a 4, but can play the 3 or 4 position.
                        He also noted that DG is still nursing a sore knee which may partially explain why he may have seemed to not be sure of himself as some noted at the exhibition.
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Archive of show?

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                            Archive of show?
                            He didn't mention it. :)
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Having Shaq redshirt should not be considered a slight to his abilities. Instead, it should be a statement about the luxury of having a guy like Shaq as a freshmen and NOT needing him to play major minutes. How many Valley schools would Shaq be the backup center? How many would have him start? He's athletic, he's big, and hopefully he'll be one of the best big men Marshall has ever coached in time. I hope he redshirts and comes out hungry. Hopefully he learns a lot from Coleby and Carter this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X