No announcement yet.

Shockervision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good start for the Athletic Department!
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Man, that was a tough way to watch the game, but at least I got to see the action. This is my first season with SV so I hope this what I can expect to experience the rest of the season. I'm in DC so it's my only option to catch live games.

Comment

the video was much improved but they have got to get the audio turned on. I just don't get it. the commercials had audio on occcasion but when they'd go back to the live feed, not audio. Again, it seems like they could have someone check this prior to the game and make sure it works. Frustrating.

Comment

This is my first basketball season not in Wichita. I thought all the games were available for replay on Shockervision. I wasn't able to watch the game live last night and when I checked this morning, the last available game replay is from the 11-12 season.

Did I just make a fool of myself and misunderstand the availability of full game replays or do they sometimes add games from the current season?

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
            This is my first basketball season not in Wichita. I thought all the games were available for replay on Shockervision. I wasn't able to watch the game live last night and when I checked this morning, the last available game replay is from the 11-12 season.

Did I just make a fool of myself and misunderstand the availability of full game replays or do they sometimes add games from the current season?
            It's generally a mish mosh product.
            I used to suscribe to Shockervision every year for the entire season. Last year I didn't in part because more games could be seen on front row sports or TV and also because the Shockervision product was so bad (grainy, poor sound, not always working, etc...).
            This year, I watched again last night and was disappointed because of the lack of sound. However, I believe they will straighten that out.
            It is a great product to watch other sports too, but don't count on much when it comes to replays, or regular programming. It often doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Unfortunately it seems like less replays ever year. I don't understand why they can't post replays , at least for a while, of every game.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                Unfortunately it seems like less replays ever year. I don't understand why they can't post replays , at least for a while, of every game.
                Laziness, lack of effort, ignorance, or a combination of all 3. It should be an easy switch to flip.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I have no knowledge of this, but I'm going to hazard a guess that there's a clause in some media contract that was signed or re-negotiated prior to last season which prohibits archiving of game footage.

It's also possible that the cost of continuing to archive games and making them available for viewing exceeded what the athletic department had budgeted for that service. I'm not arguing the correctness of such a decision, just that it could be a reason.

Comment

This is my first season using Shocker Vision as well since my TV provider doesn't offer Kansas 22. I enjoyed watching the game, but the no audio thing was a bit of a let down. It was intermittent for me, but I didn't let it get me down. I was just glad to watch the game and listen to Mike Kennedy tell me what happened about 10 seconds later.
                    "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by insaneykaney View Post
                      This is my first season using Shocker Vision as well since my TV provider doesn't offer Kansas 22. I enjoyed watching the game, but the no audio thing was a bit of a let down. It was intermittent for me, but I didn't let it get me down. I was just glad to watch the game and listen to Mike Kennedy tell me what happened about 10 seconds later.
                      I was not able to go to the game due to a commitment. I gave my tickets to my HS kids and they were very excited to go. I was able to watch the 1st half on SV and when the video got out of sync with the audio from the radio I would hit refresh on the browser and it would sync up fairly decently, but not perfect.
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Has anyone heard if they resolved the audio issue?

Comment

Darron Boatright responded to my email quickly yesterday. It was an oversight on WSU's part and won't be repeated. They do have someone monitoring the broadcast, but it is not as simple as flipping a switch. Once they realized they weren't getting audio it was too late. We can argue the finer points of woulda shoulda coulda.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

maybe not as easy as flipping a switch, but they're all sitting there with laptops, and somone could try to log in or even check shockernet for the gametime complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              maybe not as easy as flipping a switch, but they're all sitting there with laptops, and somone could try to log in or even check shockernet for the gametime complaints.
                              Apparently someone is monitoring and logged in, but can't fix it.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I watched the Emporia State game Saturday on Shocker Vision and the video and audio through the stream were synced up perfectly and worked great the entire game for me. :)
                                "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X