Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Florida has no state income tax, yes?
    That's of some benefit because half their games will be in Florida. However, money earned for away games will be taxed in the state where the game is played.

However, I kind of doubt that will be the deciding factor for Toure.

Comment

• Pretty good break-down about how Toure would fit in Utah: http://www.slcdunk.com/nba-free-agen...by-the-numbers
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

• This is awesome!!!

@ESPNSteinLine: Hearing Utah Jazz closing in on two-year, $2 million deal free-agent guard Toure Murry, who had also been chased by Heat & incumbent Knicks
        08/12/2014
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• I say hold out for 4 Million for two years and see what/how the Knicks respond!!!! Go Toure!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Well deserved. Would like to see him and Cle on the same team, but TM will do what is best for TM.
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
              I say hold out for 4 Million for two years and see what/how the Knicks respond!!!! Go Toure!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
              Hogs get slaughtered. A mill a year is good money for Toure at this point in time given his limited experience. Glad for the young man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Hogs get slaughtered. A mill a year is good money for Toure at this point in time given his limited experience. Glad for the young man.
                After 10 years and 5 promotions at the same company my salary is finally doubled from my starting rate, and I didn't start at $500K. Of course, I'm not one of the 500 best in the world at my chosen occupation.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• The Utah Jazz have signed free agent guard Touré Murry to a two-year deal.
                  Last edited by JB4WSU; August 27, 2014, 04:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JB4WSU View Post
                    The Utah Jazz have signed free agent guard Touré Murry to a two-year deal,
                    Hmmm, I couldn't get your 'stinky link' to work... :)

THURSDAY, 1:05pm: The deal is official, the team announced. WEDNESDAY, 12:53pm: The Jazz have yet to make an official announcement, …

Add two more names to the Utah Jazz roster. The team on Tuesday announced the signing of Austra
                    Last edited by WstateU; August 26, 2014, 04:35 PM.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Cool! Good for TM!!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I would guess we're going to quickly approach the point where former Shockers currently in the NBA are making more than the other 9 Valley coaches combined.

I like that stat.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

• What does Gal make? Early and TM pulling in roughly 1.5 this year and 1.8 next.
                          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                            I would guess we're going to quickly approach the point where former Shockers currently in the NBA are making more than the other 9 Valley coaches combined.

I like that stat.
                            Not to rain too much on your parade, but that's really not a great measuring stick of anything. It is awesome that there are three NBAer's from Wichita State, I wish there were more and from other Valley schools. But college coaching and the NBA are two different economies. If Early has the career he should, than he alone will earn more than all 10 coaches in the Valley. I bet if you look at Kentucky players in the NBA, they alone earn more than all coaches in the SEC- including Calipari. Hell, Kyle Korver, by no means a star, as role playing journeyman, earns more than all Valley coaches, Marshall included. Just different economies.

Bottom line, college coaches can earn a shitload of money, but NBA players earnings make college coaches salaries look like chump change.

It also makes me wish I could play at the NBA level. Damn...
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I wish I could play at the YMCA rec league level.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                                Not to rain too much on your parade, but that's really not a great measuring stick of anything. It is awesome that there are three NBAer's from Wichita State, I wish there were more and from other Valley schools. But college coaching and the NBA are two different economies. If Early has the career he should, than he alone will earn more than all 10 coaches in the Valley. I bet if you look at Kentucky players in the NBA, they alone earn more than all coaches in the SEC- including Calipari. Hell, Kyle Korver, by no means a star, as role playing journeyman, earns more than all Valley coaches, Marshall included. Just different economies.
                                I don't post on MVCFANS but maybe that would have been a better place for it as troll bait.

It wasn't meant as serious statistical analysis, just a realization of how far we've come in the last 10 years.
                                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X