No announcement yet.

2008-2009 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we scared Ok St enough, though I don't think we actually beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
      I think we scared Ok St enough, though I don't think we actually beat them.
      We beat them at home during Turgeon's first season. It was part of our 5-1 start when we beat Kansas State and Oklahoma State while barely losing to a good Washington team. All of those games were at home. Can you imagine that home line-up???

Comment

Scratch Memphis from the Old Spice Classic. They are playing against Gonzaga later in the year and don't want a chance of playing them twice. That's what was put out earlier, but they are still listed in the field.

Wyoming was only a 2 game deal.

We will go to UAB.

Apparently Texas Tech on the road.

Is the UMKC thing pretty much automatic every year? I figure we'll keep it until Stutz graduates so that he can play at home every other year.

And is it definite that WSU will still participate in the Bracket Busters after this year? Who's decision is that anyways, Coach or AD?

And I bet Sean Sutton would play WSU again someday. WSU pretty much helped them out with a scheduling problem and they helped us out with a home and home. You can never rule out the closer schools except KU for a game.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
          We will go to UAB.

No unless theres something coach isnt telling us

Comment

I could have sworn UAB was a 1-1 deal.

Comment

No, it was 1-and-done, and a "buy game".

Comment

Nope.

And I think Bracket Busters is a league-wide deal?
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
                  Hmmm could have swore that it was a 1-1-1 which alot of us groaned about. Oh well, good to know.
                  You're thinking of the powerful SIU Salukis of the early 2000's. The Class of the Valley got a sweet deal of 2 in Cheyenne and 1 in Carbondale.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Scratch Memphis from the Old Spice Classic. They are playing against Gonzaga later in the year and don't want a chance of playing them twice. That's what was put out earlier, but they are still listed in the field.
                    The real story is that Memphis already has both Gonzaga and Tennessee scheduled for next year and said that they would only stay in the tournament if they were placed on the other side of the bracket from both teams. The problem with that is that Tennessee and Gonzaga are also scheduled to play next season and have asked to be placed on opposite sides of the bracket. As a result, Memphis chose to back out of the tournament. I wonder when their replacement will be announced?

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771
                      The real story is that Memphis already has both Gonzaga and Tennessee scheduled for next year and said that they would only stay in the tournament if they were placed on the other side of the bracket from both teams. The problem with that is that Tennessee and Gonzaga are also scheduled to play next season and have asked to be placed on opposite sides of the bracket. As a result, Memphis chose to back out of the tournament. I wonder when their replacement will be announced?
                      What's KU doin around Thanksgiving this year? 8)
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I think our schedule for next year looks awesome. The tournament is going to help out the young guys and it is also televised some to help give us coverage. Texas Tech is a good game because it is Big XII and they are always on the line of making the tourney.

I wish we could get games with like Tulsa or Oral Roberts. I think that would help with recruiting and just the Tulsa game was a huge rival back in the day. I wish we could get back to playing K-State and Okla St. I think we could beat Okla. St. and play with K-State maybe even beat them. The non-conference needs to help out your recruiting so maybe even play a game in Texas like TCU or Houston. I am really happy though with the way our schedule is now.

:goshocks:
                        Shocker Forever!!

Comment

I would love to see some games against Houston and TCU home and home. Solid programs in recruiting hotbeds. I know neither have much NCAA history recently, but better than UMBC.

Comment

Coach Penders did not really enjoy his trip up here for the NIT a few years ago. I think you can add Houston to the list of teams that we will never see again in Koch Arena, at least as long as Penders is still there.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
                              Originally posted by WuDrWu
                              Negative. Not until 09-10 per the LSU request.

Which, btw, they are NEVER going to schedule us again. We beat them at their place coming off a Final Four appearance, then thump them at our place in a down year and I promise you they are going to be torched by us in 2 more years, perhaps in front of more WSU fans than Tiger fans.
                              Yeah, assuming their coach hasn't already been fired, he probably doesn't want to get beat 3 years in a row or else he'll be gone for sure.

So, let's see, who's on the list of schools who will never play us again.

1. Syracuse
                              2. LSU
                              3. Providence
                              4. ...any more?
                              Sadly, probably have to add Florida State to the list. Great game, GREAT CROWD, and one helluva scare we put into them.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                                I would love to see some games against Houston and TCU home and home. Solid programs in recruiting hotbeds. I know neither have much NCAA history recently, but better than UMBC.
                                We need a few of those UMBCs or else we'll be entering conference play with 1-2 wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X