No announcement yet.

WSU bans backpacks, drawstring bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New bag policies are happening at stadiums and arenas all over the U.S. Should be no surprise.

It increases safety and gets fans in quicker at the games. Now if only we would ban 40 year olds from the front row of the student section.
    ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
    www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
      Now if only we would ban 40 year olds from the front row of the student section.
      Why would you want to exclude 50% of the student body? :)
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

From what I heard this new policy is trying to phase in new security measures following the new conceal-carry laws and with WSU being exempt from the law change they must try to prevent any weapons coming into the arena. Will it catch all weapons and outside food and drink? Probably not but its a start. Its not like we are getting pat downs or being wanded like at IBA now its just a precaution. And I think with the personal bag or purse being allowed that encompasses a diaper bag for a baby. I assume they won't turn away a diaper bag for a baby or a medical bag for someone that needs it. It will be a discretionary decision with the size of diaper bag probably but like all other changes this fan base doesn't always do great with change so it will just take some time.

I'm just worried about the older ladies who have been able to sneak in their own popcorn in and now can't. I can just see the calls coming in from the older ladies to the department after a game.

Comment

Originally posted by NWShocker11 View Post
          I'm just worried about the older ladies who have been able to sneak in their own popcorn in and now can't. I can just see the calls coming in from the older ladies to the department after a game.
          Well, Mister-all-of-22-posts-on-this-board, your post was fine until the last paragraph. Thought you were being witty? Why are we picking on the "older" group. I guess some people just like to make fun of the older generation. Just remember that you too will get there some day. And before people start jumping on me for my so-called thin skin, I'm just really tired of the "blue hair" and "old geezer" comments. I realize that some here have defended the older fans, but I'm really tired of someone thinking they are being cute and funny at the expense of the older crowd at CKA. And by the way, the last time I saw anyone sneaking something into CKA was a 30 something father and a 10 to 12 year old boy with baggy pants. In the parking lot on the way into CKA I saw the father hand the boy two bottles of water. The boy then put one bottle into each of his really big and really baggy side pockets of his pants (so there was agreement between father and son on this). Certainly not someone "older". Way to teach your son the right way to do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
            Well, Mister-all-of-22-posts-on-this-board, your post was fine until the last paragraph. Thought you were being witty? Why are we picking on the "older" group. I guess some people just like to make fun of the older generation. Just remember that you too will get there some day. And before people start jumping on me for my so-called thin skin, I'm just really tired of the "blue hair" and "old geezer" comments. I realize that some here have defended the older fans, but I'm really tired of someone thinking they are being cute and funny at the expense of the older crowd at CKA. And by the way, the last time I saw anyone sneaking something into CKA was a 30 something father and a 10 to 12 year old boy with baggy pants. In the parking lot on the way into CKA I saw the father hand the boy two bottles of water. The boy then put one bottle into each of his really big and really baggy side pockets of his pants (so there was agreement between father and son on this). Certainly not someone "older". Way to teach your son the right way to do things.
            Does the 21 stand for 1921?

I keed, I keed...
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

I'm ok with sneaking water in, but popcorn is WAY over the line. I mean, so far over the line that you can't see the line from where you'd be if you were sneaking popcorn in.

Water is necessary for survival. Popcorn, not so much.

(If you haven't yet, please remove your girdle, because I'm just ribbing ya ;) )

Comment

If ya wanna sneak in a half pint of whiskey in your boot, to mix with the Pepsi that you buy inside, I'm fine with that.

Comment

Well, I think it's pretty obvious who one of the popcorn sneakers is.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    Well, I think it's pretty obvious who one of the popcorn sneakers is.
                    Nope. And I also don't bring water in. I know you all think it's funny to poke sticks. I'm just wondering how funny you might think it would be if the stick was pointing at you or someone you cared about. Enough said. I'm talking to stone walls here. I keep forgetting this is a "message board" and anything goes. It's just too bad that it's that way.

Comment

Question: Can I carry a 30-gallon trash bag in if it doesn't have draw strings.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Question: Can I carry a 30-gallon trash bag in if it doesn't have draw strings.
                        Only if it has popcorn in it

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                          Also add some whiskey 1/2 pints to that bag....we really need some games to talk about

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                            Sir, would you please empty the contents of your bag on the table. Well, OK, if you say so.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              I'm ok with sneaking water in, but popcorn is WAY over the line. I mean, so far over the line that you can't see the line from where you'd be if you were sneaking popcorn in.

Water is necessary for survival. Popcorn, not so much.
                              I have no problem with them bringing in popcorn as long as they share with everyone.

Comment

Nope. And I also don't bring water in. I know you all think it's funny to poke sticks. I'm just wondering how funny you might think it would be if the stick was pointing at you or someone you cared about. Enough said. I'm talking to stone walls here. I keep forgetting this is a "message board" and anything goes. It's just too bad that it's that way.
                                Chill the eff out.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X