WSU bans backpacks, drawstring bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU bans backpacks, drawstring bags

Backpacks and drawstring bags are no longer allowed in Koch Arena during men’s basketball games under rules announced by the athletic department on Tuesday.

Fans are allowed to bring in a small personal bag, such as a purse. Entrances will be available for fans with small bags that need to be examined.

“The athletic department encourages fans to arrive early, and if they are bringing a small personal bag with them to the game, use the assigned bag check line at each entrance,” according to a news release.
    Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/10/15/306...#storylink=cpy

Sextooooooooooon!!!!

Comment

Sounds more like Se-curity than Se-xton. You'll just have to leave that big man purse at home, pie.

Comment

So when we brought my son as an infant/toddler the diaper bag would not now be allowed? I think a little more clarification is needed on what's acceptable. I understand that this change might very well be necessitated by circumstance (incident/insurance carrier/etc.). My lovely bride doesn't bring a purse to the events so it is not an issue for us, however it certainly would have been 8-11 years ago with the diaper bag.

Go Shocks!!!!
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
          Sounds more like Se-curity than Se-xton. You'll just have to leave that big man purse at home, pie.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
            My wife said it was a Coach so I figured it must be OK!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
              A Merse?
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

If you are carrying a bag like that and walking next to a dude wearing skinny jeans, it's a purse. Now the dude with a beard would have been okay if he was wearing flannel and had an axe strapped to his other hip.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

As a father with a baby turning one tomorrow, I was looking forward to bringing him to the occasional shocker game, but I certainly won't be able to go anywhere without the diaper bag.

Now our diaper bag is one of those massive "thirty-one" purses, so I wonder how security would treat it.
                  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I myself wouldn't take a one-year old to a Shocker home game unless the other team wasn't that good. I know the loud noise can't be good for their ears. Now if it was a road game against Drake or Evansville, I wouldn't have any problem with it.

Comment

If it was a road game at Des Moines or Evansville -- especially on a weeknight or during a school break -- a crying one-year-old would probably be the loudest person in the house. As for the diaper bag, I'm guessing that's why they have the bag lane at the arena. Who knows -- maybe to max out the bag lane experience, they'll hire some off-duty TSA agents.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                        If it was a road game at Des Moines or Evansville -- especially on a weeknight or during a school break -- a crying one-year-old would probably be the loudest person in the house. As for the diaper bag, I'm guessing that's why they have the bag lane at the arena. Who knows -- maybe to max out the bag lane experience, they'll hire some off-duty TSA agents.
                        *shudder*
                        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I see no problem with this. Why does one need to bring a bunch of crap to the game anyway? If it's for medical reason I understand that but everything else needed should fit in a pocket.

Comment

What if I need to touch up my rouge? Or I pull a muscle walking up the stairs and need some Icy Hot?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              What if I need to touch up my rouge? Or I pull a muscle walking up the stairs and need some Icy Hot?
                              Or what if it's that time of the month?

(Never mind, that's more a question for Creighton fans.)

Comment

Working...
                              X