No announcement yet.

Yet More Press: Eamonn Brennan of ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why was Matty B's shot against Creighton in 2006 so sweet? Because it seemed that exact same thing kept happening against us over those past couple of years. To have it go for us in a very important game against "not-a-rival" Creighton was epic.

As for hoping that we are passed the tough losses, I hate to break it to you, but we will never be totally immune. Sometimes, it's your year, but sometimes...many times, it is not. KU won the title in 2008 but then were bounced two years later by Northern Iowa. Duke won it all that year in 2010 but then got knocked out in a 2-15 game against Lehigh in 2012. The NCAA Tournament is a funny animal like that.
    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by swiltar71 View Post
      If I remember correctly, 3 of our losses in 2010-11 came against an elite 8 team SDSU, a final 4 team VCU (on a last secphantom call), and the natl champion UCONN (in the biggest zebra hose job I've ever seen). Absolutely we would have done damage. If we win any one of those games maybe we're dancin'. But maybe the prev 2 yrs helped us "play angry?"
      Originally posted by wufan View Post
      SDSU lost in the Sweet 16 to UConn. Those were our ONLY non-con losses.
      Additionally, if I may reminisce: In the 2011 NIT, WSU was only a 4 seed that started out by pounding the hell out of a 5 seed (BCS) Nebraska. Then beat a 1 seed (BCS) Virginia Tech (at their place). Then went to MSG and pounded a 2 seed (BCS) Washinton State (thereby proving once again, Wichita State University, is the REAL WSU). Then beat a 1 seed (BCS) Alabama. The REAL WSU out scored those four mighty BCS programs 296-226. The average margin of victory for the REAL WSU over those four mighty BCS programs was 17.5 points. Now that's playin some dominant roundball right there. And by a 4 seed no less.
      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Working...
      X