Yet More Press: Eamonn Brennan of ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet More Press: Eamonn Brennan of ESPN

It's college basketball preview season, and you know what that means: tons of preseason info to get you primed for 2013-14. But what do you really need to know?

Fantastic user name.

Comment

i thought the 2010-11 nit champs shocker squad could have done some damage in the ncaa tourney. they surely would have been overlooked by the higher seeded teams.

Comment

Thanks good Doctor! I need my daily dose of anything WSU (and the fiber wouldn't hurt either). :peaceful:

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
          i thought the 2010-11 nit champs shocker squad could have done some damage in the ncaa tourney. they surely would have been overlooked by the higher seeded teams.
          Sure seems so, doesn't it? I still have fun watching replays of that run through the NIT. That makes three pretty salty squads in a row.

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty cool he gets to jet around in a private plane to both coasts. But it's even better that he has a terrific fan base that follows the team, even in lean years. And the years haven't been all that lean here lately.

Comment

Originally posted by WholeWheat View Post
              Sure seems so, doesn't it? I still have fun watching replays of that run through the NIT. That makes three pretty salty squads in a row.
              that team could have been sweet 16 at the least. <-

Comment

They really hit their stride and kicked butt. Agree, if they played in the NCAA like they did in the NIT, they, too, could have made a great run there as well.

Comment

If I remember correctly, 3 of our losses in 2010-11 came against an elite 8 team SDSU, a final 4 team VCU (on a last secphantom call), and the natl champion UCONN (in the biggest zebra hose job I've ever seen). Absolutely we would have done damage. If we win any one of those games maybe we're dancin'. But maybe the prev 2 yrs helped us "play angry?"

Comment

Originally posted by swiltar71 View Post
                    If I remember correctly, 3 of our losses in 2010-11 came against an elite 8 team SDSU, a final 4 team VCU (on a last secphantom call), and the natl champion UCONN (in the biggest zebra hose job I've ever seen). Absolutely we would have done damage. If we win any one of those games maybe we're dancin'. But maybe the prev 2 yrs helped us "play angry?"
                    SDSU lost in the Sweet 16 to UConn. Those were our ONLY non-con losses.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

I once heard a coach say that you have to lose certain kind of games before you can win them. The 2012 team was hungrier because of the NIT experience the year before. Last year's team was a tough team due to the early exit in 2012 and the adversity from the early part of the season. While I would love to win every single game, when you face those tough times and disappointing losses, it makes the big wins so very much sweeter.
                      78-65

Comment

Well WuShock, let's hope those appetite-building losses are behind us now, and the knowledge of how to win those games becomes part of the culture. I'd hate to see the Shocks need a dose of 5 vs. 12 bad medicine every couple of years as new players come in and have to learn how to Play Mad, in Kelly's words.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          Well WuShock, let's hope those appetite-building losses are behind us now, and the knowledge of how to win those games becomes part of the culture. I'd hate to see the Shocks need a dose of 5 vs. 12 bad medicine every couple of years as new players come in and have to learn how to Play Mad, in Kelly's words.
                          I dunno, that appetite building loss to Louisville might be just the ticket to take this program where it has never been before.
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                            I dunno, that appetite building loss to Louisville might be just the ticket to take this program where it has never been before.
                            That's basically how the Louisville Cardinals felt in 2012 after losing in the FF. That loss made them focus on winning it all in 2013.
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                              That's basically how the Louisville Cardinals felt in 2012 after losing in the FF. That loss made them focus on winning it all in 2013.
                              Good point! I recall a 1988 baseball team that received a serious kick to the nads in the College World Series... :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X