No announcement yet.

Myth Busting With Facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, indeed we did exact a small measure of revenge due UT in that game, however, not nearly enough if you also take into account the football and baseball games between the 2 schools.

Comment

When healthy there is little question that Cooper was better than Perez. In the post-X era, here’s my top 10:

Cooper
      Miller
      Perez
      Evans (clearly the best talent)
      Sasha
      Wilson
      PJ
      Guff
      Grayer
      Arnold

Comment

I think the main issue with the "leaving the cupboard bare" is that while there maybe some good players they are really not the right players to carry a team.

Who on this team is our 3pt threat and I am talking about the guy you feel comfortable shooting the deep 3? We don't have a Holsinger... a Young ... that one guy that can kill you from the 3 point range. We don't have one.

Who on this team is the real inside threat? That one player who gets it in the paint and is going to put it in the basket? Who is the player that other teams will need to double down on so the outside shot is open? I don't see one.

So what does that leave us? A team that is not very good.

Comment

I don't think the point of the thread was to argue that Coach Marshall inherited a bunch of world beaters. I certainly wouldn't argue that anyway. Rather, that the talent left was at least comparable (if not measurably better) to that left in other coaching changes.
          Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
            I don't think the point of the thread was to argue that Coach Marshall inherited a bunch of world beaters. I certainly wouldn't argue that anyway. Rather, that the talent left was at least comparable (if not measurably better) to that left in other coaching changes.
            And if you look at the era that was listed. During that time we were terrible. I personally would say that is a bad thing that we were left that level of talent. I think everyone will agree that the conference is alot stronger now. This would require a better level of talent.

Also, if you compare our level of talent compared to the talent of the other 5 coaching changes in the MVC. I think again we are near the bottom of complete talent. Both the player I mentioned Young and Holsinger I believe are playing for new coaches.

Compare the level of talent we have now compared to our sweet 16 run. It is lower. During that year we had Miller to pull the defense in. I believe we had 2 major role playing .400+ 3 point shooters to pull the defense out. We currently have non of those.

Comment

Working...
            X