More Redbird news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Redbird news

@Pg_Benson: Illinois State bb coach Dan Muller announced 6-6 frosh MiKyle McIntosh has been declared a non-qualifier for upcoming season. #isuhoops

I believe he was suppose to be their "one and done guy."
    In the fast lane

Living on the edge
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

He was definitely their much-anticipated prized recruit. Someone should tell Muller he'll have better luck with those Canadians if they go the juco route first.

Comment

When MT came to WSU Jammar was a very iffy recruit as I recall. Sometimes when you are screwed you have to take a chance but it looks like a lot of swings and misses here.

Comment

Posted this on other thread.

What a (pardon the language) shitshow Normal is turning into. Can a coach be fired weeks before the season?
          Last edited by Anthroshock; October 3, 2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Those guys come into VCU for our home opener.

I'm going to guess they're not going to fare as well as Wichita State did last year. Watching ISU this off season has been eerily like watching a train wreck in slow motion with 3D glasses on.

Comment

Damn, so far Muller is doing his best to make Lowery look like a good coach. I just can't see what his gameplan is unless it is total fail?

Comment

I doubt the Hawkins and McIntosh news came as a shock to the ISU staff. They probably knew what they were likely facing and was willing to take the risk. But depending on the outcome of the Knight situation, they may be without their top three incoming players, which for a team only returning two players, is a huge deal.

VCU by 25+.

Comment

Muller gambled on upside and lost. Of he hadn't lost, he would have had a chance to compete with HCGM.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                    Muller gambled on upside and lost. Of he hadn't lost, he would have had a chance to compete with HCGM.
                    I think you could have stopped your post at "compete" and you would have been correct.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                      He will have only lost if those ineligible players don't eventually get eligible at ISU.

They have another player, Lofton, who may be in a similar situation.

Comment

Just because he loses them for this year, which was going to be a struggle for them anyway, doesn't mean it won't pay off for him long term. If they get eligible and get their stuff in order, they could be a good program in a couple of years. Assuming these guys are as good as they think.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Just because he loses them for this year, which was going to be a struggle for them anyway, doesn't mean it won't pay off for him long term. If they get eligible and get their stuff in order, they could be a good program in a couple of years. Assuming these guys are as good as they think.
                          ...and it has become painfully obvious that it is in our best interest for the rest of this league to step it up. So let's hope that happens as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            For me, I'm having a hard time thinking that not just one, but two young men who have had challenges academically, will be satisfied with no organized basketball (both cannot practice with the team) for a whole year. Yes, it can be a benefit for their education and their growth personally. The question is: Can they handle this? It is something they have probably never had to do (or maybe want to do) in their life. Add to this, missing something that is foremost in their life, playing basketball at a high level. The challenges will be great for all concerned. Mix in Lofton and Knight and I'm sure the NCAA will be watching closely to see all is done to the letter. Sincerely, best of luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by DistrictBaller View Post
                              Those guys come into VCU for our home opener.

I'm going to guess they're not going to fare as well as Wichita State did last year. Watching ISU this off season has been eerily like watching a train wreck in slow motion with 3D glasses on.
                              Which is probably why Shaka picked them...
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                              X