No announcement yet.

the bcs syndrome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its hard to blame a player that plays consistantly better than the rest of his team.
    "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
    CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
      Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
      Legal Guarding Position
      To be in a legal guarding position, the defender is facing his opponent, has both feet on the floor in a normal stance for his/her heighth.

This is what the ncaa calls the legal guarding position.
      u must be in the legal guarding position to take a charge.
      im sure theres no bias.
      but im convinced u wanna blame gal for everything.
      wed be getting blownout without him in that game.
      Actually, you don't have to be in that Legal Guarding position to take a charge:

Basketball rules state that if a defensive player is in a legal defensive stance or position, the defensive player has the right to move in order to maintain his legal positioning. A charging call can be made even if the defensive player has one or both feet off of the ground when the offensive player makes contact with the defensive player.

I'm convinced you don't want to blame Gal for anything. Even when he obviously messes up.

About 7:15 into this show: http://www.kake.com/otl : they show the replay of Gal's charge. Watch it, and with the information I have just given you, seriously tell me that isn't a charge.
      ive watched it 5 times. it wasnt a charge. because you can move but you have to maintain the legal guarding position when you take the charge you cant be inbetween two guys jumping on one foot taking a charge.
      "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
      CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
        ive watched it 5 times. it wasnt a charge. because you can move but you have to maintain the legal guarding position when you take the charge you cant be inbetween two guys jumping on one foot taking a charge.
        Ok. I guess nothing will convince you otherwise. Even the fact that Gal was completely out of control, the defender had position and Gal rammed into his torso with his shoulder. Gal wasn't even attempting a shot when he ran into him. He was trying to create space with his shoulder. Something you can't do. - I believe your personal relationship with Gal is forcing you to see it as a block. IMO, nothing Gal ever does poorly is his fault, according to you. In fact, I don't believe I've ever seen you criticize anything he's ever done poorly. Yes he scored 20 points against Creighton, but in the final few seconds he committed a turnover and took 6 of the final 8 seconds walking the ball up the court, preventing us from getting a good look at the basket. But, of course, I'm sure that was HCGM's fault and not Gals. Just like the charging call was the officials fault and not Gals reckless romp into the paint. That play was quite obviously a charge, but you can go along believing it was a block for all I care. I'm done arguing about something this obvious. - As much as Gal does great during the course of the game, he always seems to do something that makes everyone forget how good he was for the prior 38 minutes. He needs to fix that if you want people to stop criticizing him after each loss.
        "You can observe a lot just by watching."
        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Even the fact that Gal was completely out of control, the defender had position and Gal rammed into his torso with his shoulder.

That there is why it is a charge. period. Gal was out of control and lowered his shoulder. I like Gal, he has moments of brilliance and then two minutes later he looks like he has no court saavy at all. A little more consistency is all we can ask from him.
          :goshocks:

Comment

I don't know why people think you have to have both feet on the floor to take a charge. BA's post was right on. Ten times out of ten that charge on Gal would and should be called a charge.

Reading Rip post you'd think Gal was a superhero
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Thank you BA & 151.
              It was the easiest call of the night. Any first year official working Jr. High games could have made the call. Anyone... except Rip. Then again the President of his fan club can be expected to disagree with it.
              Gal had a very good game until the end. However, good point guards make good decisions, especially at crunch time. Unfortunately he made a couple of bad ones in the end. It doesn't mean I don't like the kid or he can't be a good player for the team. It's just another case of 'it is what it is'. 8)
              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Rip-

I love your passion and loyalty, and personally Gal is one of my favorite players, but that was a charge.

Comment

Rip, was your cape over your face when you watched it on the DVR?

Clearly a player control foul, Gal was out of control and our resident Referee's have confirmed that.

Comment

Originally posted by WuBoy13
                    Rip, was your cape over your face when you watched it on the DVR?

Clearly a player control foul, Gal was out of control and our resident Referee's have confirmed that.
                    I said it earlier in this thread... that was one of the most BLATANT charges you'll ever see. Even Ed Hightower would have correctly called it a charge. Rip, please give it a rest… you’re lookin’ like a doofus.
                    :wacko:
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                    X