Hottest Ticket in Town - NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    A radio commercial for this game said that Gonzaga was coming to Wichita looking for revenge. If I remember correctly they beat K-State last year. There's no revenge to be gained this weekend. Mark Few, if you seek revenge for last year, please call Gregg Marshall.
    I think it's KSU (is there a promoter?) trying to capitalize off our victory over the Zags in the tournament. Nothing else makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      I think it's KSU (is there a promoter?) trying to capitalize off our victory over the Zags in the tournament. Nothing else makes sense.
      And counting on the target demographic lacking a little bit in the logical reasoning department.
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• I think this thread should get credit for raising attendance from 12,000 to over 14,000 in the Tennessee game. [/sarcasm]
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• If it weren't for KU, WSU wouldn't even have basketball.

Wait, am I in the right thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
            If it weren't for KU, WSU wouldn't even have basketball.

Does it matter? It seems threads all dissolve into KU threads after the first few posts! :D
            I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
            If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• My Christmas wish???3,000 people show up tomorrow....

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                If it weren't for KU, WSU wouldn't even have basketball.

Right thread? You're not even on the right board! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  Right thread? You're not even on the right board! ;)
                  Dag nabbit!!

Comment

• KSU's marketing for this game is odd. First there's the infamous "revenge" ad. Now I see an add on the Eagle's website with KSU on one side of the screen and Gonzaga on the other. Above KSU it says "One Returns" and above Gonzaga it says "One is Ready." So are they saying their own team is not ready for this game, but Gonzaga is? I mean, I'm all for truth in advertising but that's really strange.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Right, Gonzaga is ready and K-State is looking for a participation ribbon.
                      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• With about 10 minutes to go until game time, the Gonzaga game has 1469 tickets left, including 82 in the lower bowl. They have had a pretty good walk up crowd today, as they have sold over 700 tickets today so far. Update, it looks like the sales may be slowing down they have only sold 20 more tickets in the last 6 minutes.

Comment

• At 2:37 pm, they are still showing 1,424 tickets available including 79 lower bowl seats for the Gonzaga game. The game has already tipped off, so that should be about the final count. UPDATE: Looks like their paid attendance was 13,224. Not bad, but it also means they only sold about 1700 tickets during the past month even with all of the very heavy advertising and promotion (they had 3500 tickets left about a month ago).
                          Last edited by shox1989; December 21, 2013, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Considering the weather, I commend them if all who bought tickets show up.

Comment

• So I guess there is precedence for sports teams blocking local television unless and until there is a sellout. WSU should consider trying this technique for the next IBA game:

Green Bay, as of Wednesday morning, was about 8,500 tickets short of a sellout, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's Tom Silverstein. If the Packers don't sell out by 3:40 p.m. Thursday, the game will be blacked out on local TV from Green Bay to Milwaukee. That's almost inconceivable. The Press-Gazette said the Packers have sold out every regular-season game since 1959 (a playoff game in January of 1983, at the end of the strike-shortened season, did not).
                              Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7570--nfl.html
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                So I guess there is precedence for sports teams blocking local television unless and until there is a sellout. WSU should consider trying this technique for the next IBA game:

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7570--nfl.html
                                That's not a Packers rule. That's an NFL policy...and an unpopular one too. I have seen some movement for legislation to ban any blackout policies for facilities that were funded with public tax dollars.

I initially scoffed at Packers fans not being the diehard fans they supposedly are and not buying the tickets....until I saw the prices. When your lowest-priced tickets for a Wild Card round game are triple digits, that's a big problem. I understand how sports tickets work and don't expect a cheap family four-pack for playoff games, but triple digits for upper lever Wild Card tickets is ridiculous. I can grasp those prices for a conference title game...but not for the first round. Makes me scared to think what tickets would be for the NFC title game.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X