No announcement yet.

Hottest Ticket in Town - NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just as a curiosity I looked at the KState vs the Zags. 2712 Ticket remain. 332 in the lower bowl, which 262 are in the "student section". There are also 2390 in the upper and 119 on still available on stub hub.

Comment

• The 262 in the student section could be because SCHOOL IS OUT FOR THE HOLIDAYS. Let's see -- Do I want to go home for the Holidays and spend time with Mom and Dad and be spoiled rotten for a few days or do I want to make a trip to Wichita to see Gonzaga rip my Wildcats a new hide? Tough choice. We'll see just how many students we have in our last two Sunday games. I am hoping for a lot, but it is the Holidays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
        The 262 in the student section could be because SCHOOL IS OUT FOR THE HOLIDAYS. Let's see -- Do I want to go home for the Holidays and spend time with Mom and Dad and be spoiled rotten for a few days or do I want to make a trip to Wichita to see Gonzaga rip my Wildcats a new hide? Tough choice. We'll see just how many students we have in our last two Sunday games. I am hoping for a lot, but it is the Holidays.
        I have to think that there are a lot of students who could make the trip to Wichita and still be at home, probably quite a few student from the greater Wichita area.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
          I have to think that there are a lot of students who could make the trip to Wichita and still be at home, probably quite a few student from the greater Wichita area.
          To expand, 11% (1700 people) of K-State undergrads are from Sedgwick county. 36% of K-State students are from "other" which isn't very informative.. I'm willing to guess quite a bit of those "others" are from Butler, Sumner, etc, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
            Just as a curiosity I looked at the KState vs the Zags. 2712 Ticket remain. 332 in the lower bowl, which 262 are in the "student section". There are also 2390 in the upper and 119 on still available on stub hub.
            I don't anticipate much in late sales or walk-up sales. In fact, I'm guessing a lot of no shows due to the potential weather on Saturday. Start with ice Saturday morning, then add several inches of snow. Breaks my heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              I don't anticipate much in late sales or walk-up sales. In fact, I'm guessing a lot of no shows due to the potential weather on Saturday. Start with ice Saturday morning, then add several inches of snow. Breaks my heart.
              I have paid zero attention to this game. Didn't realize it was this weekend. I will be in Wichita but cant go go to the Shox game. If this is an afternoon game, I might consider going if I can get one of those super cheap tickets.

Would live to see the Zags in person. The Cats....meh...

Would it be in poor taste to wear my black Final Four t-shirt? :-)
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• I'm glad for the turn this thread has taken. Its title finally makes sense.
                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                  I have paid zero attention to this game. Didn't realize it was this weekend. I will be in Wichita but cant go go to the Shox game. If this is an afternoon game, I might consider going if I can get one of those super cheap tickets.

No, as long as you make sure that the Zag's bench see it.

Comment

• A radio commercial for this game said that Gonzaga was coming to Wichita looking for revenge. If I remember correctly they beat K-State last year. There's no revenge to be gained this weekend. Mark Few, if you seek revenge for last year, please call Gregg Marshall.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                      A radio commercial for this game said that Gonzaga was coming to Wichita looking for revenge. If I remember correctly they beat K-State last year. There's no revenge to be gained this weekend. Mark Few, if you seek revenge for last year, please call Gregg Marshall.
                      Yeah, that ad makes zero sense. I dunno how that was approved for airplay, but it's pretty embarrassing if you're a Kitten fan.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post

I think it is in very poor taste to even go to this game. But if you do go YOU BETTER WEAR A WSU FINAL 4 SHIRT!

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                          A radio commercial for this game said that Gonzaga was coming to Wichita looking for revenge. If I remember correctly they beat K-State last year. There's no revenge to be gained this weekend. Mark Few, if you seek revenge for last year, please call Gregg Marshall.
                          It makes no sense and they keep playing it over and over again. The promoter for this game is spending a ton of money on promotion. I think I have heard this ad 100 times now on the radio. I heard a total of ONE radio commerical for WSU-Tenn. game.

Comment

• I think WSU made a lot more money on this game than the others that have been handled by a promoter. They sold a boatload of tickets. Did not discount heavily to get the total sales count and from all appearances did not spend a lot on media advertising. If not for some early week of the game mis pronouncements the game was sold out ticket sales may have eve been closer to an actual sell out event. I don't think you will hear that the Shocks lost any money on last weeks game.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              I think WSU made a lot more money on this game than the others that have been handled by a promoter. They sold a boatload of tickets. Did not discount heavily to get the total sales count and from all appearances did not spend a lot on media advertising. If not for some early week of the game mis pronouncements the game was sold out ticket sales may have eve been closer to an actual sell out event. I don't think you will hear that the Shocks lost any money on last weeks game.
                              I think you are right. The 648 unsold tickets were all $12 tickets. Even if they had sold them all it would have been only another $7700 in ticket sales. They sold all of the expensive tickets, and as you said they spent very little on media advertising. WSU had to come out pretty good financially.

Comment

• [QUOTE Would it be in poor taste to wear my black Final Four t-shirt? :-)[/QUOTE]

Poor taste? No, but I think it would be much better to wear a yellow one so it stands out more.
                                “Confrontation simply means meeting the truth head-on.”

Mike Krzyzewski

Comment

Working...
                                X